immunes

❝ Only person we know here is Des

❝ Only person we know here is Des. ❞

xix. IMMUNES

╳╳╳

A DAY LATER, CALLY STILL hasn't met the new additions— (or Greenies as Frypan would call them.) Yesterday, after the somewhat failed mission to rescue Minho, Ria, and the rest of their friends, Vince told everyone to stay away from the newbies. Mostly because he didn't trust the kids, but that was just because he was paranoid. Everyone in camp knew that.

Cally is all alone. Arms crossed over her chest as she paces back and forth in the middle of the small campground. There is no reason why she is doing this, well, because the fact she's trying to decide if she really wants to go with Thomas, Newt, and Frypan to finish raiding the WICKED base. Yesterday, there was no time to actually get supplies from the place. Everyone's attention having been trained on getting the Immunes back to camp safe and sound.

The cold air is fading as the sun slowly raises onto the atmosphere. Cally does in fact love being warm, but not warm to the point of sweating like a pig. Right now, it's almost at the point she's needs to remove her dark cloak.

"Hey Cal," Newt's voice sounds from behind Cally. With a slight pang in her heart, she turns around with a smile.

Cally knows Newt has been awake for a while, there is no sleepiness in his eyes. He shows nothing but liveliness. But his blonde hair is ruffled in the top of his head, she finds the style very cute.

"Hey Newt." She stops and waits for him to arrive.

"You ready to go? Thomas and Frypan are already in the Jeep waiting on us." The British toned boy points his thumb over his shoulder. Behind Newt, Cally can see Frypan handing Thomas one of the two shotguns that he he holds in his large hands.

Not having made up her mind about going with them, Cally just goes with that she thinks is right. "I'll stay back. I'm pretty sure I'm more needed here than with you guys, anyway."

Newt's head falls, his hand coming up and running his face. Cally can't help but feel sad about letting him down, she doesn't want anyone to feel like that. Especially Newt.

"That's fine."

With that, Newt brings Cally into an one armed hug. It's so unexpected for her, she had no warning that was going to happen. Throwing Cally into deep confusion on why he did that in the first place.

Pulling away, Newt's eyes scan over Cally's face. In his thoughts he's mentally beating himself up, all he can think now about is how much of a loser move that hug was.