capture

❝ We're with you, Thomas

❝ We're with you, Thomas. ❞

xvi. CAPTURE
part two

╳╳╳

CALLY NEVER EXPECTED FOR A Burg to almost not have a sound.

The only thing she can hear is the intakes of breaths from the people around her. The large metal object looks as if it will land on them. Blowing her hair out of her face and squinting her eyes, Cally has never seen such a sight. To keep the sand from coming into her eyes, she has to close them. Unable to see it land.

A loud thud indicates the large door of the burg has opened. Four more guards march out, which makes Cally wonder how many of them does WICKED have.

Behind them all is a woman in an all white outfit, her matching white hair pulled back into a tight bun, and lastly vibrant red lips. She looks out of place.

As she proceeds to walk in the middle of the four guards, Cally can't think about anything else besides the fact this woman looks like a total asshole. The dead look on her face, her eyes not even drifting off towards the immunes. Also how she has her nose turned upwards, almost as if she's too high and mighty. The spotlight that's trained on the white woman brings out how pale her skin really is.

She meets the man in the middle, the two of them exchanging whispers. Everyone is dead silent, until the disgusting man starts to yell. "Alright you heard, round them up!"

Countless numbers of protests explode from the immunes as the guards lift them up and drag them onto the ship. Cally just wishes she knew where Ria, Edison, Athena, and Fee are in this very moment. Having not seen three of those four since WICKED arrived.

Suddenly, Thomas is yanked up. A yelp explodes inside Cally's throat when she sees her close friend being handled by that guard. Throwing Thomas towards the woman, her red lips move. But the words that leave them, Cally can't hear from the yelling guards around her.

Cally slightly moves her gaze over towards Newt, her voice trembles when she speaks. Not from fear, but from the aggression she has bottled up inside. "W-who is that and why are they so concentrated on Thomas?"

But he doesn't answer her, even if he did hear her. His eyes trained on the sight in front of him, something that Cally hasn't even seen yet.

"I'm glad you're safe."

Those words makes Cally attention fall back onto the blonde haired woman. The teenager's breath hitching inside her own throat, when she realizes Teresa in front of her.