moment of safety

❝ You couldn't have done anything to save her

her. But now, all we can do is
work get her back. ❞

xvii. MOMENT OF SAFETY

╳╳╳

MORNING CAME IN A RUSH, when the sun peaked over the horizon and casting the orange hue across the destroyed camp, everyone just had to stand in silence. Astonished with the heap of rumble in front of them, everything those people worked so hard for ruined in minutes by WICKED.

The first act of business wasn't just Thomas declaring to everyone that he will kill Ava Paige. But also, Vince moving out all the remaining people, the long blonde haired man ferociously making everyone pack and get a move on. He never told them where they were headed, mostly because Vince has barely spoke a word kind word since Mary's unexpected death.

The thoughtful woman's death hit everyone hard. Even Cally— whom might've not really known Mary, but thought highly of her anyway. Mary wanted the right thing for the Immunes, which is why Cally believes the woman must've been the founder of the Right Arm.

Everything felt empty, not just to Cally. But to everyone. Surely the people that surround the ash brown haired girl lost someone lastnight. Even if they didn't, their friends lost someone. Cally feels powerless, seeing her friends mourn and her not being able to do anything to help.

The silence hurts, Cally can't even remember back to two weeks ago. Did she like the silence? She doesn't know. Honestly, the girl feels as if she never lived that life that she faintly can recall.

Here she is, sitting alone on a large rock looking off into the dark horizon. The only sound is the wind hitting her, slightly moving her thin hair to the left.

Twenty four hours ago, Cally lost people who she would like to think she had a bond with. Like Aris, she was told by Frypan her friend was hauled off with Sonya. No one saw it happen, but they all knew what happened.

The drive to get him back will keep her going, she wants to believe that she will see him again, but the chances are slim.

Seeing Ria run to Minho and get electrified right with him, that imagine will stay with Cally for the rest of her life. How just earlier that day Cally was arguing with Ria, now she's gone. Just like the majority of her friends.

Cally has the slightest bit of aggression bottled up. Mostly because of Des, how he dragged her away. Concealing the deal on her not being able to save Ria and Minho. Des wouldn't know my pain, Cally assumes, he didn't lose anyone last night.

Thomas and Newt took it hard losing Minho. Thomas let his sadness out by showing aggression, his mind constantly on how he will kill Ava Paige. He hasn't spoke that much either.