Jimin| Pointless

Description: Jimin is your work friend, and the two of you get along very well. Your best friend has a huge crush on him, so you attempt to get the two together. Little do you know, Jimin already has his eyes set on someone, and your mission is about to be proved practically pointless.

(Y/N)= Your Name

(B/F/N)= Best Friend's Name

~~~~~

"Stop it Jimin," You scolded, watching the boy beside you grin cheekily and lower his phone a bit.

"Why? Whatever are you talking about?" He asked, batting his eyes innocently.

"Stop taking pictures and recording me, especially when you need to clean the hamster cages. I had to do it last week and I'm not doing it again."

"I'm sorry, you know I can't help it, you're just so pretty," He gushed, leaning over the counter towards you.

You rolled your eyes and smiled a bit at his foolishness, but still put your foot down by pointing to the rodent section.

Jimin sighed and went to clean the cages.

You and Jimin had met about a year ago when you both started working at the pet shop. At first you irritated each other a bit, but when he became the person you saw the most, you both loosened up. You had both seen the best and worst sides of each other, becoming close friends.

Seeing as you had finished your list of chores, you went to go check up on the cats. You loved the cats of the shop and it always brightened your day to see their cute little faces.

"Nemo!" You called out, opening the cage and patting the floor to coax the cat out of hiding. The black and white kitten ran hurriedly out and nuzzled your hand. With a smile you picked up the little cat and sat on the floor, stroking his soft fur and listening to the calming purr vibrate and warm your body.

Jimin sneakily kneeled next to you then got down and laid his head on your lap next to the cat.

"Aish! You're scaring Nemo," you scolded and pushed his head away, rejecting his actions.

Jimin frowned.

"OK, I'll hold Nemo and you hold me," he told you, picking up the little cat and placing him on his chest, then leaning backwards again so that his head was in your lap once more. He picked up your hand and placed it on his head.

Your fingers stroked his hair, the softness taking you by surprise.

"You pabo, do you want to get fired?"

He didn't respond, his eyes just half closed and he smiled as your fingers entwined themselves on his head.

You groaned in irritation but didn't stop. Jimin lightly put a hand on Nemo's head which caused the kitten to erupt into loud purrs. You were mad that your friend was rejecting his duties, but you couldn't help but admit that the scene you were currently apart of was the most relaxing situation you had ever been in. You suddenly got sleepy and closed your eyes a bit.

DING!

You both jumped up at the sound of the entrance alerting you of a customer. Jimin quickly put the cat back and brushed off his employee shirt, straightening it and clearing his throat in embarrassment.

You ran as fast as you could to the register, ready to greet the rare customer.

"Hello, welcome to- AH! (B/F/N)!" You cried, welcoming your best friend and cheering when you saw her smiling face. You ran over and hugged her in excitement.

"What brings you here?"

"Oh you know, I need food for Bluebell," she informed you, mentioning her bunny.