J-Hope| Cheer

Description: Hoseok has been there for you through thick and thin; always using his positivity and happiness to cheer you up. He goes to great lengths to make you feel better when you're sad. What will happen when for the first time, the roles are reversed?

(Y/N)= Your Name

Author's Note: I am actually writing this from my grave because Fake Love has me- yeah. Enough said. What an incredible comeback, our boys continue to conquer the world~
~~~
Hoseok was your hope. Hoseok was your angel. Hoseok was your light. How could a person like him exist in real life? He was always there for you throughout every up and down on the rollercoaster of life; bringing you up when down and keeping you up when you were already there.

“Hoseok, how are you like this?” You questioned one day, “How are you always… you?”

He simply grinned and hugged you.

“Aww, I’m assuming that was a compliment? I’m me because I want you to be happy!”

You only slightly frowned into his shoulder as he said this. You were so thankful for your friend, but you didn’t want him to be so energetic all the time JUST to make you happy.

“You matter too…” You whispered, but you weren’t sure if he even heard. It must be exhausting to be the one person people always depend on to be happy, hopeful, and comforting. You would be lying if you said you didn’t depend on him to be this way at times.

Jung Hoseok is a person. And no person can ALWAYS be the way he is.

You let him hold you close for awhile in order to better surround yourself with the little things about him that you loved. His scent, his soft red hair, his touch… you allowed the fabric of his shirt to slide between two of your fingers. Just his mere presence made you so happy.

“(Y/N) are you alright?” He asked suddenly, worried about the unusual amount of time you had been clinging to him. You usually weren’t this touchy.

“Hmm? Oh I’m fine, just thinking…”

Hoseok suddenly pulled back and began tickling you, causing you to stiffen before choking on fitfulls of laughter as his fingers danced into the sensitive parts under your arms.

“S-Stop!” You tried to make out between your laughing, but he refused to back down and only smiled wider as he caused you to suffer.

You tried to shove him away as best as you could but he tickled you under the neck causing you to halt your retreat and laugh even harder. He picked you up and carried you to the couch in order to lay you down and tickle your sides. By the time he was done torturing you, you were out of breath from laughing so hard.

“I love hearing your laugh and seeing your smile (Y/N),” Hoseok told you, smiling down at your panting form.

What would you have done without him for all these years?

~~~

10 years ago

“Hello, why are you crying?” you heard a voice question through your sniffling. You looked up through blurry eyes to see a little boy looking at you quizzically.

“I bruised my knee,” You cried, bursting out into tears again, “It hurts!”

The little boy gasped dramatically as if your statement were the most horrific thing that could ever happen to anyone.

“Oh no!” He cried, falling down next to you to inspect your injury, “How did it happen?”

“I fell off the swing!” You told him though your sniffles.