nine

brook had calmed me and he had gone to fetch us McDonalds. i may of not known him long but i felt so safe, nearly as safe as rye made me feel. other than rye i hadnt found another kind hearted, non judgemental person and then brooklyn came around. he fought the sun through the clouds and blew them away to reveal a rainbow. i was catching feelings for this boy and i had no way of stopping them.

he came through the door, tripping on the doorstep and head butting the banister. normally in these situations i would get up and help, instead laughter filled the hallway and we cheered sarcastically in unison as coffee was poured all over the rug underneath the cabinet.i cleaned it up and me and brooklyn shared the remaining cup. during the meal we ended up having chips, gherkins and tomato ketchup all over the living room floor. we lifted ourselves off the floor and onto my sofa, i started playing stranger things on netflix and snuggled into Brooklyn. i could sense him staring at me so i looked up into his eyes.

(Brooks POV)
her hazel brown eyes staring into mine, beauty defined in a person. i twirled her hair as she resumed her focus at the TV. my phone was vibrating underneath me
rye: is she okay?
me: all good, i think i'm falling for her mate.
rye: can she see this?
me: i don't think so... shes fell asleep
rye: you two would be adorable
me: i wish 😂😂
since Kaycee was fast asleep letting out small snores, she seemed so peaceful, so relaxed as if i has caused her to calm and feel safe, that made me feel safe. my eyes became heavy and before i knew it was asleep too.

(Kaycees POV)
i woke in brooklyn's arms, i snuggled into his chest again inhaling his scent. i must have woke him because in his morning raspy voice he wished me a good morning
"good morning beautiful" i wasn't sure if he accidentally called me by such a name or if it meant something to him.
"morning" i replied
"want some pancakes?"
"of course, let me help" offering myself to cook.
i got a pan out of the cupboard and turned around to see brooklyn messing around with all the setting on the oven. i laughed to myself before helping him.
"look here" i turned the oven on and set everything right, brooklyn went for a shower whilst they were frying and when he came down he was freshly dressed and a lot more awake. he kissed me on the cheek before taking the plate from me. i felt my cheeks flush red and i smiled as innocent as possible, he just smirked sitting down beside me.