twelve

didn't rye look handsome, he strolled around the corner so effortlessly.
"hey gorgeous" he said to me in his deep london accent.
"hello rye beaumont" i said failing to flirt, he smirked and took my hand leading me towards the door. i buried my head into my neck as we walked past the smokers. my step dad had a very bad addiction and it had resulted in him arguing with my mum a lot when she would ask him to stop. he would never hurt her physically but it damaged her mind thinking when she tried to help someone they would just shout at her, because of that me and my mum are very close. rye pulled me closer noticing my tension and we arrived at the front desk.
"2 to bowl please" he asked the lady, she had round glasses, a black bun and a weird looking uniform, i presumed it was the companies. i searched my bag for my purse and pulled out enough for myself.
"no no put that away, i'll pay for us both"
"i can't let you do that" i pleaded
"too late" he passed the woman the money and she nodded whilst putting into a cash machine.
"what size shoes?" she asked
"i'm a size 4" i was embarrassed by my shoe size even though i was small anyway. rye giggled
"cutie" and smirked.
"size 9 please" he told the lady. he then proceeded to whisper in my ear "you know what they say.. big feet.. big-"
"jesus rye, you're so childish" i teased tapping his nose making him blush.
"i was going to say socks" he rolled his eyes playfully and put his arm around my shoulders as we walked to the lane. rye typed our names into the keyboard
the rye beaumont
beautyyy
rye typed my name as "beautyyy" this boy was so amazing already.
"come on rye, what was that for" i said blushing
"well i wouldn't want to lie now would i" ryes flirt game was strong, then there was mine and i could barely say my own name when we first spoke. the first game went smoothly, smoothly means i didn't break anyone's foot and no equipment was smashed. we went into the second game and instead of me breaking things, rye did. he lobbed the ball and instead of it rolling, it flew upwards and came powering down leaving a dent in the lane.
"run" rye said in between laughs. we both sprinted towards the door still dying of laughter, we kept running until i was out of breath due to my asthma. i stopped in my tracks, breathing heavily. rye stood  next to me and then crouched down.
"piggyyy backkkkkk!" he said in a childish voice to me. i jumped onto his back and he started running again. he ran until we ended up in a forest, we fell down in exhaustion and began laughing again. despite the fact we were stranded in a random forest, darkness took over my eyes and i began to drift off. the last thing i remember of that night is ryes voice quietly whispering "i think i'm in love with you bethany booth"