seventeen

(Kaycees POV)
—2 months later—
not a lot has happened, we've all been preparing for this day... the day of the funeral.

i woke up knowing the date and misery hung over. i nudged brook who was beside me and we both got up. school had now finished and we were all taking our gap year between college and university to get our lives back on track. my mum was now back in town aswell, maybe things were about to go back to normal.

we arrived at the church, and i greeted everyone with a hug before entering. me, brooklyn and rye had prepared a beautiful bouquet spelling "Jennifer" arranged with all her favourite flowers. we all sat down at the front row- rye at the end, bethany beside him, then me and to my left was brook. bethany clenched my hand as the ceremony started, but before anything was said Andy Fowler came running into the church. although i hadnt seen him since i was in a huge fight with his ex, i didn't make a fuss. this day was for mrs.booth. the ceremony was like any other, a few people said a speech and we all said our final goodbyes.

after everything was over i went to andy outside. i didn't want to cause an argument but some how he took it wrong.
"why did you leave?" i asked
"why does it matter to you" he snarled.
"because you're like my big brother and you disappeared for 3 months"
"if you really need to know, i was with my auntie and cousins in kenya for a month and then i went to london to persue my dreams" he rolled his eyes at me and was about to walk away. i grabbed his arm and pulled him back.
"andy, i care about you. i fought your ex i was that mad and cared for you that much. don't expect me to let you leave and me not be mad for having no information why" at this point i was nearly crying.
"look don't cry, i'm sorry" he pulled me into a hug.
"now tell me about your dreams" i smiled.
"so as you know i've always loved singing and now i'm 18 i want to be in a band. a manager named Blair reached out to me due to my covers on YouTube and offered me a chance to sing. i tried finding members in london but it didn't really plan out, so now i'm home i'm hoping to maybe make one with people here."
"rye and brooklyn sing..." i reminded him
"who's brooklyn again?" i forgot andy had left just after brook arrived and they never got to speak apart from in the car and then andy disappeared.
"well brooklyn's my boyfriend and remember when i had to go to hospital, he was the other boy"
"woahh since when did kaycee fall in love" andy joked. i slapped his arm playfully and gave him the "really fovvs look"
"anyway it'd be good to hear brooklyn and rye sing again, i love both their voices. i'll let them know what you're doing and i'll get them to text you. see you around fowler"
i walked back over to brooklyn, rye and bethany. bethany looked upset but she was healing. i explained to the boys about the whole band situation.
"omg! that's my dream too" brooklyn exclaimed rather cutely.
"to be honest, same. what's fowler's number again?" rye asked.
"01887435013"