twenty-one

(Kaycees POV)
I had all my suitcases piled up against my head board, Brooklyn had come over with all his stuff. i have to admit i was extremely excited but also sad to be moving far away from my mum, experiencing what had happened with bethany's. rye also bought flat 65 for him and bethany so when she had the baby they'd have their own space, until then she was living with me in flat 66 and after she'd move out eventually me and brooklyn would have the flat to ourselves.
"you ready?"
"as ready as i'll ever be brook"
i dragged my suitcases downstairs and went into the
living room, my mum seemed nervous. the feeling was mutual. i pulled her into a hug.
"i'll try call you everyday" i told her. she sighed. "if not i will text you and that's a promise"
my mum walked to the front door, unlocked it and waved us out so i couldn't rethink anything. i hugged her for the last time for a while.
"love you mum" i shouted whilst getting into the car.
"love you too!" she replied as i closed the car door. luckily brooklyn was driving, due to my anxiety i can't drive for over 2 hours and this was 5 hours so thank god i had brooklyn. he started the ignition and we started our journey, i knew my anxiety would be bad during this so i put in my headphones, brooklyn just smiled at me knowingly and i decided to listen to some roadtrip, although they only had covers and one song, once i had finished them i went to ariana grande. her voice is so calming i love it. after we were so far from home i knew now we couldn't go home so i took out my headphones and decided to talk to brook.
"you excited?" i looked at him but he kept his attention to the road.
"yeah, are you?"
"of course but like... it's so far away from home" tears were welling up in my eyes.
"kaycee, you'll be fine. i'm here. bethany, rye and andy. we will help you."
"plus bethany is having her baby" i told him then realised i should not have said that.
"she's what" he sounded so confused.
oh crap. what do i do? i promised not to tell anyone.
"uhm um..." i stuttered
"you want meant to say were you?"
i shook my head.
"look i won't tell anyone, but does rye know?"
"yeah he does" i explained.
"well as long as he knows, i won't say anything. let your mind rest kaycee"
i found it amazing how he knew when i was worried or anxious about something. i looked out the window for a while, watching the scenery rush by as i let my thoughts run wild. i came up with some drawing and art projects that i would start when i had time too. we stopped of at starbucks and i sat at the table scribbling ideas down projects until brook awoke me from my day dream.
"come on gorgeous, we have a life to start"