twenty

(Kaycees POV)

once again, I woke up in brooks arms. I seem to be doing this a lot lately, I should probably visit a councillor as these are getting out of hand. 'I am sorry' I manage to spit out.

'don't be so silly Kaycee.' he brushed my hair with his hand and relaxed me.

'I cant even control when I pass out anymore brookie' I was beginning to tear.

'its okay, come on lets go inside ill protect you. I promise' we both went inside, my grandma had gone off somewhere, we continued the party. I had one glass of wine and then for the rest of the night I had pepsi or lemonade. Brooklyn didn't drink as he was driving and refused to risk our lives. I gathered that aaron had left because he hasn't found me, that was until I heard an ear piercing scream from upstairs. brook instantly sprinted towards to sound, I attempted to run as well but ended up tripping in my heels I threw them off, smashing a glass in the process. aaron was cornering my grandma on the landing threatening her. brook threw a single punch across his face and there he was lying on the floor knocked out. I rang 999 and when aaron awoke they collected him and frog marched him to the police car. they didn't question Brooklyn thankfully, they presumed it was self defence which in certain cases it was because my poor nan cant fight for herself at 80. I flung my arms around my trembling grandmother.

'shush shush. he is gone' I reassured her

'why-wh did he do that to m-me.'

'hes a nasty man gran.' I was so hurt that my own grandma was hurt because of my selfish actions of introducing him to family knowing what he is like, wait let me rephrase that. he forced me to let him meet my family... maybe I should have never had anything to do with that boy.

'thankyou brook, if it wasn't for you my grandma may not be still with us' I spoke into his shoulder as he hugged me.

'its okay princess, your family is mine' he smiled warmly into my eyes and gave me a quick peck on the lips. what did I do to deserve such an amazing boy.

in the end he would have my heart forever, literally

me and brook drove back home, ready for the big move tomorrow. I wasn't really ready to leave my mum but we were moving to slough. cardigan close to be exact. Andy, Brooklyn and rye had been offered a flat to continue their career in. they jumped at the chance. me and Bethany bought flat 66 opposite there's 64 together. it wasn't long before I was fast asleep, Brooklyn was staying at ryes. it was weird not having him with me but I was about to move with him and begin a brand new life with someone I loved ever so dearly.

someone I gave my heart to.