twenty-seven

(Andys POV)
"no.. please i'm sorry" i cried
"don't be sorry. it's life. i have to live whilst i can and the only thing stopping me is people giving me sympathy. i don't need it fovvs, everything happens for a reason. i might not know the reason but i'm putting my faith into this"
"does kaycee know" i asked
"oh my god... no" brook sounded instantly terrified.
"gibbs you have to tell her and you have to tell her soon" i basically demanded
"yes might sound easy but it's not going to be" brook wasn't crying but his voice was shaken.
"let's go inside yeah? kaycee and bethany are in their own flat and the boys have gone to the gym" i suggested
"how do you know? you've been out here?" brook asked
"i have something called a phone brooklyn" i chuckled.

(Kaycees POV)
despite my bruising my face was slowly feeling better. bethany was currently in the bathroom throwing up, isnt pregnancy sickness fun? i was scrolling through instagram and twitter whilst i waited for her to finish.
brook: can we talk soon? doesn't have to be now but soon-ish xx
me: yeah sure, me and bethany are going into town until 9 and then we can?
brook: sure babe love u x

it was strange brook wanted to talk, it probably wasn't that important as it is brooklyn and it would probably be him complaining about ham. i put my phone on silent and carried on walking to the bus stop down the road from the flats. the bus was late as normal so we ended up going to the corner shop and and getting these sour lollies and challenged each other to keep a straight face. i failed but bethany didn't. the bus finally arrived and we decided to blast RoadTrip music whilst screaming "THIS IS OUR BOYFRIENDS" every time brook and rye would sing. we got kicked off the bus 2 stops before town so we shrugged it off laughing and continued to walk.

it was around 7 when we got there so we had about 2 hours to shop and get home.
"first stop greggs. i'm starving." bethany complained
"you're always hungry" i roll my eyes sarcastically
"i am eating for 3" she laughed
"THREE?!" i felt my heart stop beating.
"oh yeah, me and rye went for a scan and it's twins!" she sounded so happy which made me happy! i pulled her into a hug and then talking to her belly said
"see you two monkeys soon" in a weird voice. we both started laughing and i was so happy the whole night. we ended up going in Mac, Boots and Pandora. we bought each other a charm that says "soul" and the other "sisters" so when we hold the charms together it makes the word "soul sisters" when we went to mac the lady was really rude so walked out with free lipsticks because she couldn't be bothered to serve us and said "just to take the darn things" which was a win for us! boots was just like any boots. tons of people and loads of aisles. we picked up some makeup wipes and a new eyeshadow palette each.

i looked down at the time 8:34
"we better get back bethany" i nudged her arm as she was in a daydream
"huh?" she was still in a trance
"we-have-to-go" i slowed down my speech on purpose making her embarrassed and we scurried off quick. it was a different bus driver and we got home safely. i walked into the boys flat and all there faces were straight and serious. i didn't like this atmosphere.

"you wanted to talk?" i spoke up
"yeah to you all..." brooks voice was shaken and scared. i sat next to him and he pulled my close. his breathing was tight, his heart was pounding 1000 miles a second and his whole body was trembling.
"shush shush what's wrong" i held his arm and his eyes teared up as he looked around the room, but when he got to andy they both just nodded and he took a deep breath.
"kaycee, bethany... boys" he started
"i went to the hospital as i was suffering with chest pains and heart burn" as soon as he mentioned him being in pain and going to hospital i felt sick to the core and i could feel everything moving fast around me. i had to stay awake i couldn't make this worse. i slowed my breathing ready for him to carry on..
"and i got my results back yesterday. andy already knows as we were being open with each other earlier" his eyes met andys and they nodded again.
"i've been diagnosed with coronary artery disease which is caused by atherosclerosis, that is the narrowing and blockage of the blood vessels that supply the heart. It is one of the most common forms of heart disease and the leading cause of myocardial infarction (heart attacks) and angina." i didn't know what to say. my boyfriend, bestfriend, my world was sick. "and if i don't get a heart transplant i won't see it past christmas and there's no donors on the list"
that's when i knew what i had to do.