28. Swimming.

POV Ares.

"Do I really have to?" Cleopatra whined when we arrived at the pool.

"Yes, mommy." The twins replied. "Maybe if we all can swim, we can go to the beach without tía Kiki." Cairo added while we walked inside.

"I'm really not feeling this." She shook her head as we went to the changing rooms.

"You kids go ahead, we will be right in." I said opening one of the family cubicles for them.

"Ares." She sighed.

"Cleopatra come on." I looked down in her eyes. "I told you yesterday, I won't let anything happen."

"But-" She started but I cut her off.

"No but." I stated. "Remember in Canberra, in the pool." I said. "You couldn't swim but you went in anyway. I was so pissed off but I still saved you. No matter how mad I am or how long we haven't spoken, I will always save you. Always."

She opened her mouth to say something but then seemed to change her mind and closed it again. She looked at me once more before turning around and entering the changing room. I followed her inside and just took off my shirt since I was already wearing my swim trunks.

Florentia wore a pink bikini and Cairo had blue trunks on. Cleopatra was still wearing her dress while the kids urged her to hurry up. "I'm going as fast as I can." She shushed them while tying her curly hair into a bun, leaving a few strands framing her face. I spotted new tattoos on her wrists. They were those heartbeat waves.

Then I noticed an arrow tattoo in the back of her neck and a small cross behind her left ear. "Are you done, mommy?" Cairo asked as Cleo grabbed the hem of her dress.

"Yes, I am." She said, swiftly pulling her dress over her head. My mouth went agape when she revealed her body. Her white bikini was a contrast compared to her tan skin.

"You got more tattoos." I mumbled, observing the ink on her skin. But then she turned to face me, revealing more ink.

"Yeah, so did you." She replied. But I was to distracted because underneath her boobs was a lotus mandala tattoo with small decorations like feathers, crescent moons and the kids' initials. But it wasn't CFF and FCF like I expected, the initials were CFK and FCK. They have my last name.

"I did." I nodded, turning around to put my shirt in the bag. I glanced back at her but she was still staring at me. "You don't like it?" I asked, meaning the lion tattoo on my left shoulderblade.

"No, it's gorgeous." She replied.

"Daddy! That's my favorite animal!" Cairo exclaimed, pointing at the lion on my shoulder.

"Mine too!" I said and gave him a high five. "Let's go, everyone is done now." I said, picking him up. "It's slippery so mommy and I are going to carry you two." I informed them and Cleopatra picked Florentia up. "Be careful." I told her, I didn't want her to slip either. I decided to walk a little behind her, just in case.

"Ares, I know how to walk." She said, rolling her eyes. "I think I can handle-" She got cut off because she slipped, the irony. I quickly grabbed her waist and pulled her against me, holding Cairo up with the other arm.

"Mommy, daddy saved us!" Florentia cheered as I helped Cleo stand back up. "Thank you, daddy!" She exclaimed.

"You're welcome, princess." I smiled.

"Thanks." Cleo muttered, obviously annoyed at the fact that she did slip.

"Anytime, my queen." I grinned cheekily while she glared at me. We dumped our stuff on the side and went to the beginning of the pool. Luckily it wasn't crowded because everyone probably preferred the beach over an indoor swimming pool.