Ch 2: The Holiday Dish

Chapter 2

            Alex watched as Kevin, Nick, and Joe were watching her after she just asked the biggest question.

            “You want us to be your maid-of-honor?” Joe asked.

            “No, men-of-honor,” Nick corrected.

            “Oh.”

            “But what about Danielle.  She should be your maid-of-honor, not us,” Kevin told her looking at his brothers.

            “I’ve already talked to her about it, and she’s totally fine with it.  She thinks it’s sweet that I’m ask you three to be my men-of-honor,” Alex told them.  “Look, Chris is fine with it.  I’ve gotten so close to you guys more then Dani or Demi, and I’m going to have mom and dad both walk me down the aisle… and maybe ask Frankie to be the ring bear if he wants to do it, if not we won’t have a flower girl either.”

            “Alex, I’m honored, but I think you should have Dani and Demi,” Joe told her.

            Alex couldn’t believe what she was hearing, but she didn’t reply back or try to cry.  “Okay.  I tried.”  She stood up letting go of their hands.  “I thought that as my brothers and three of my closest friends would love to be apart of it, but I guess not.”

            “Alex,” Nick said but she held her hand up to stop him.

            “No, I get it.”  She starts to leave, “I would’ve loved to have my brothers help and opinions, but I guess I’ll stick to Dani and Demi then.  I guess it’s going to be a small wedding.”

            “Alex wait,” Joe said while she left the room.

            They followed her out and back downstairs as they reach the bottom they heard Alex.

~*~*~*~

            “Are you okay?” Dani asked.

            Alex sits down, looks at the stairwell and sighs.  “Dani, would you do the honor of being my maid-of-honor?”

            Dani was shocked as Denise and Paul smiled while Dani looked at her husband and brother-in-laws on the bottom step, then back at Alex.  “Are you sure?”

            Alex nods her head, and then looks at her parents, “Mom… dad… would you both do the honor of walking me down the aisle.”

            Denise and Paul beam at each other and at Alex.

            “I would be honored,” Paul said.

            “Me too,” Denise said.