Ch. 7: Sibling Rivalry

Chapter 7

            Kevin, Joe, and Nick got to Kevin’s room and Kevin shut the door behind them as they try to get it together before talking about the news that they just heard.

            “Did anyone of you know about this?” Joe asked.

            “No, did you?” Nick asked.

            “No,” Joe answered.

            They both look at Kevin.

            “Danielle would’ve told me,” Kevin said.

            Nick sighs, “Why wouldn’t she have told us sooner?”

            “Why didn’t she tell us?” Kevin asked.

            “She just got here,” Joe told them.

            “But she’s getting married in three months,” Kevin told them.  “We didn’t think she would be living here forever right?”

            They go and sit down around the room.  Nick over by the window, Joe on the hope chest in front of the bed, and Kevin is a chair beside the bed.

            “Why would she hide this from us?” Joe asked.

            “She would always tell us if something was on her mind,” Nick added.

            “Do you think it was because of her getting sick earlier?” Kevin asked.

            “While I was in London?” Nick asked.

            “Did you see how she reacted at dinner time, and when dad just drops the news on us, we never thought of her wedding plans,” Joe told them.

            “Yeah, there is no way we can work on two albums and rehearshals for a tour at the same time,” Kevin added.  “Dad’s always business.”

            They didn’t know what else to say.  Just hoped to talk to Alex.

~*~*~*~

            No one talked mostly that night.  Alex stayed in her room, and she saw little notes being put under her door, but she would grab them, and read them, which was asking her if they could talk to her, but she would write back, “Not now… not tonight.”

            She was just so upset on what happened.  She knew that she could talk to everyone in the morning at breakfast or in a family meeting in the front room.

            She got ready for the day, and went downstairs to find her dad and mom at the kitchen table as they were talking.

            “Did you ever think about your daughter?  She doesn’t have time to record an album and rehearse with her brothers.  She has a wedding to plan?  What she is supposed to do with the plans?”

            “I’m sorry, but the fans are calling out for a new album.  They want a tour.”

            “Okay, so how about the boys work on new songs and start recording, then the tour can start after Alex’s wedding.”

            “But that would mean she wouldn’t be touring with the boys.”

            “Paul.  She’s told us repeatedly she doesn’t want their spotlight.  She’s even told us after she gets back from her honeymoon with Chris; she’s moving out and living with him.  We knew that she wouldn’t stay here forever.”