Ch. 16: Jonas' Treasure Hunt

Chapter 16

            Alex was getting excited, as one o’clock was getting closer.  She hadn’t seen Derek since November and it felt like a year since she had seen him last.  It was the day before Thanksgiving when they said their goodbyes while he went to Utah for family, and Alex went back home to Texas.

            Once Alex got the go ahead to leave, she called Derek to tell him that she was ready, and he told her that would be there shortly.  After Alex was told which way to go to meet Derek outside the guard’s gate, she started walking that way.

            “Hey, where are you headed?” she heard, and looked to see David in a golf cart driving it.

            “Over to the gate,” she told him with a smile.

            “It’ll take you forever to get over there.  Hope on and I’ll drive you over.”

            She smiled, “Thank you.”

As she gets in he drives off.

            “So, when you’re done with your date, are you going to kiss?” he asked.

            She laughed, “I’m sorry but I don’t kiss and tell on the first date.”

            “Oh, okay.  Well, is he taking you back here, to Mitchel’s place, or mine?”

            She thought about it.  “Why don’t I have you come get me when we are done?  I don’t know the ways yet, and I don’t want Derek to get lost.”

            David smiled, “Okay, that’s a good idea.  Just call me when you’re done.”

            They soon get to the guard’s gate, and sees Derek talking to the guard.

            “Go have fun,” David told her.

            “Thanks again,” she smiled getting out, and heads over toward Derek and the guard.

            “Hi,” she smiled to Derek.

            “Hey,” he said.  “I’m sorry to bother you sir,” he told the guard.

            “It’s okay.  Have a great day,” the guard told him.

            Derek goes to open the door to his car for her to get in, and then goes around getting in, and then drives off.

            “What was that all about?” Alex asked.

            “Oh, he just didn’t know that you were there, so when you called me, I just stood there waiting and visiting.”

            “I hope it wasn’t to long.”

            “Not long at all.”  He said.  “So where too?” he asked.

            She thought about it.  “How about that one that we ate at for the first time.”

            He smiled at her, “You got it.”

            She smiles as they go out for lunch.

~*~*~*~

            After Alex and Derek spent their two hours together, David called to see if she needed a ride to Mitchel’s, and she said sure, which Derek was fine since he had to go back to the set on DWTS.