Ch. 11: Live Chat Part 1

Chapter 11

            The next day, Alex was getting ready for her first ever live chat with her brothers and to clean up the mess that she was in for the last few days.  She didn’t know what to wear.  Not like the fans were going to care what she looked like or wore.  She went online last night to see that there were fifty hate sites, ten support sites, and some of the fans on the fan club had spotted her with the ring on and knew right away.  The pictures were spotting her out shopping with the girls, or looking for the wedding dress with Danielle.  Even spotted in London out and about with Nick, and in NYC with her family getting the wedding plans started.  So at least the fans were supporting her there.

            Alex was now fixing her hair.  She didn’t know if she should put it up or leave it down.  She decided to wear her necklace and rings to feel better even though her brothers were going to be there.

            There was a knock on her bedroom door, and heard, “Alex?  Are you in here?

            “Bathroom,” she called out sighing and letting go of her hair to fall down and around her face.

            Joe walks into the bathroom.  “Wow.  A twister decided to come in and play with your hair huh?”

            She gives him the death look, “No, I’m going to leave it like this for the chat.”

            “Hey,” Joe said raising his hands up, “sorry to chop your head off.”

            Alex sighs, “This is my first chat… I have watched you guys do it forever… it looks fun, or you’re bored of it… but I know that you want me to look nice and great for the chat…”

            “You always look nice, but do you want me to help you with your hair?” Joe asked.

She looks at her brother, “You want to help me with my hair?”

“Ya,” he said with a smile.

She sighs, “Okay.”  She laughed, “Want to help me pick an outfit too?”

Joe smiles and nods like a five year old.

She laughs more, “Why do I have this feeling that I’m going to regret it?”

“You won’t.  I promise,” he said smirking.

“Okay,” she said giving him her hairbrush.

~*~*~*~

Kevin was checking on everything in the media room that they had setup for the live chat and making sure that their fans all knew about it on Twitter, and dad was finishing setting up the room while Kevin was sent to go look for Nick, making sure that he was fine and blood sugars were good to go.  Frankie was downstairs with mom and Danielle with the laptop setup on the kitchen table since this was a business chat, but promised to text mom just in case the fans asked for them.  Next on the list was to check on with Joe, and make sure Alex was ok and ready to go.