Ch. 14: Suddenly Something New

Chapter 14

            The next week, Alex stayed locked up in her room.  She was so down she never left.  She didn’t even enjoy the New Year with her family.  She just sat on her bed and stayed on her laptop catching up on her email, and visiting with her best friends that didn’t know she was the Jonas Brothers sister.  Even checking out some fanfiction website these fans wrote about her brothers.  She was impressed with their talent in writing.

            Denise would bring up a tray of food for her to eat, but she wouldn’t answer the door unless mom sent her a message about her meals, unless it was text messages.

            Alex even snuck out of her room to the music room one day, and grabbed one of her brothers guitars that had the most dust on it, a guitar pick that she found, some blank music sheets, went back to her bedroom, and with her mom’s help in emails, text messages, and with David Henrie’s help in connecting her up with some of his friends from Disney to help her tune her guitar, and she would sit there and learn how to play with their help.  She even signed up online to learn how to play the guitar if they couldn’t help her because of being busy.  She would go in her bathroom, shut the door, and with her laptop she would learn how to play the guitar all on her own with her new friends, or the course that she signed up for.  She was told that the sound would be great, and no one would hear her in the house since it’s away from her bedroom door.

            She would sit there and write her songs with David’s friend from Disney Mitchel Musso who had also done his own music and his own albums out too.  He would coach her over the web cam, on how to play, and helped her write her own first song that she did on her own with his help of the tune would be better this way or that.

            One day, Alex was in on her bed playing for Mitchel who was on the web cam, and she was playing the song that she finished with his help.  Her mom said that the boys went to the mall, dad went to go meet up with the members of Hollywood Records, and Frankie was at a friend’s house while Danielle was gone visiting her family since her mom was ill, Denise was going to go get some groceries for the house.

            “Alex, that was really good,” Mitchel told when she finished playing it for him.  “You are going to be great as your brothers.”

            Alex blushed, “Thanks.  But I’ll never be as good as them.”

            Mitchel laughed, “You picked up the easiest songs that first night that we met.”

            Alex smiled, “Twinkle Twinkle was fun.”

            “You picked it up in an hour.  Why didn’t you learn how to play before?”

            She looked at her hands, “I have small hands.”

            “So what.  You did wonderful.”

            She smiled, “Thanks.”