Ch. 5: Alex's Big Scare

Chapter 5

            Alex was sleeping in after a long two days of meeting up with Michael Russo for her wedding plans with Danielle, Kevin, and Joe at the castle while mom, dad, and Frankie headed home.  Chris got a movie job so he couldn’t help, but Alex would give him all the details she could, and what he did on his end.  She even talked to Chris alone, and after they had a long talk, they agreed that they would spend Christmas with their families alone, and then she would fly out to spend New Years with Chris and his family.

Sadly because Nick was in London, Alex would stay up until two in the morning visit with him when it was eight in the morning there, and they would just visit, or she ask him what he thought and opinions that she thought of, or any ideas he had.

            Alex noticed that she was getting really tried lately one morning, but she pushed it to the side, and got up to get ready for the day for just staying home, but listen to music choices for the wedding, plus she had to go do some Christmas shopping too.

            Alex went downstairs and saw everyone at the counter eating breakfast.

            “Morning Alex,” Denise told her with a smile.

            “Morning mom,” she said and went to sit down beside Joe.

            “How is Nick?” she asked.

            “He’s fine, misses us, but he is loving it.”

            “How long did you two stay up this time?” Kevin asked.

            Alex sighed, “Three.”

            “Alex, you have to go to bed sooner then that.  Maybe you can just have Nick call Danielle or the boys.  You need sleep,” Denise told her.

            “Mom, I’m fine, we only talked for an hour.”  She was given a plate with cooked ham, scrambled eggs, and buttered toast.

            “Eat that please.”

            “Can I have something to get rid of this really bad headache and I don’t know why?”

            “Sure,” Denise said.

            “Maybe you should rest Alex,” Kevin told her.  “Maybe if you rest up you girls could go shopping this afternoon.”

            “I’ll see,” she said as Denise gave her something for her headache and then started to eat her breakfast.

~*~*~*~

            Alex headache did go away, and agreed she went shopping with the girls, and they had fun getting stuff for the family, and Alex told Denise what Kevin was going to do for Dani’s anniversary gift, that they talked Dani into get a swimming suit that was on sale and a few new outfits for her and Kevin.

            They got home and head upstairs to Alex’s room to gift-wrap the gifts that they had.  The rest of the afternoon Dani and Alex wrapped as Denise was downstairs cooking dinner.

            Alex yawned as Danielle was wrapping the last gift as Alex put the gifts in her closet.

            “Are you okay?” Dani asked.

            “Yeah, I just got tired all of a sudden.  I think I’m going to take a nap before dinner.  Could you wake me up when mom calls for dinner?”