Ch. 3: Nick's Secret

Chapter 3

            Alex was in a hotel room alone with Chris next door as she watched out the window hoping that she wasn’t going to be making the biggest mistake ever.  She and Chris were flying out that afternoon if her brothers didn’t call and then she would get married that weekend in Vegas.  This was not in the plans of getting married, but she had no choice.  She was sick of having to picture her brothers sitting down beside her parents and not being up there with her.

            When Dani was talking to her about her dream wedding months ago that day before she got the call to do DWTS, she pictured Kevin, Joe, and Nick along side of Dani as her bridesmaid and the boys her men-of-honor.  She loved the view of it, but it was not going to happen because of her brothers.

            Alex heard her cell phone go off, and she looked to see Dani’s name come up.

            “Hello?” she asked.

            “Alex, don’t go,” Nick’s voice said on the other end.

            “Nick?  Why do you have Dani’s phone?” she asked.

            “She told us what was going on after we read your note,” Nick answered.

            She heard noises and the phone getting passed around.

            “Alex, don’t do it, please,” Joe’s voice came onto the phone next.

            “Joe?” she asked.  “What is going on?”

            “Alex, don’t go to Vegas and get married,” Joe said as the phone was passed again.

            “Alex, please,” Kevin said.  “Look, I want you to have your dream wedding.  I want you go get married at Oheka Castle, I want you to have Michael do your wedding.”

            “Kevin…” Alex wasn’t getting what was happening.

            “Danielle told us everything.  Please don’t get married in Vegas.  You’ll regret it if you do.”

            The phone was passed around again, “Alex?” Dani asked.

            “Dani… what is going on?” Alex asked.

            She heard Danielle walking away from the boys, “They want you to have your dream wedding.  I told them everything.  They want you to come back home.”

            “Tell them that I’ll think about it.”

            Dani sighed, “Okay.”  Alex heard a door shut.  “Okay I am far away from the boys.  Mom called the dress shop this morning.  They have an opening today if you want to go.  They’ll give us a room for as long as we want.”

            Alex nodded, “That’s fine.  Chris leaves soon, so I’ll come get you and we’ll go.”

            “Great, I’ll let the boys know that you’ll think about it, you come get me, I’ll have the boys know that we are going dress shopping.”

            “Thanks Danielle.”

            “No problem sis.”

            Alex hung up and went to get ready and tell Chris the plan.

~*~*~*~

            “What did she say?” Joe asked as Danielle went back to Alex’s room where the boys were still waiting.