Ch. 13: Upset, Lying, & Why?

Chapter 13

            After the band all were excited and hugged Alex welcoming her into the group, and were excited to be apart of the news and the new song, they all agreed to help work with it, which Paul would talk to the record company about just using the same band to save money.

            Denise and Paul decided to have a barbeque since the band was over, so everyone was playing the new games that Frankie got, a some watch a football game, or in the game room playing pool.

            Alex just wanted some alone time, and so she went to the music room, found the row of CDs and knew what CD she needed to listen to.  She was just so down, but was jazzed up on what just happened within the hour.  Chris broke up with her over the phone, then again she just told the whole entire Jonas Brothers fans and her family too that she was going to have her own album, and touring with her brothers.

            She smiled and put in the boys ‘It’s About Time’ album, she just pushed a button to play in skipping around mode, and just sat down on the couch, put on a set of headphones so she could hear it alone, sat down on the couch, and just sing her heart out to the first song that it choose, ‘I Am What I Am’.

~*~*~*~

            Kevin, Joe, and Nick noticed that Alex wasn’t anywhere downstairs and no one knew where she went, or had seen her.

            “Maybe she’s in her room,” Denise told them while she and Danielle was making some salads.

            “Thanks mom,” Kevin told her.

            They went upstairs to go to Alex’s room when they stopped and heard someone was singing in the music room with the door shut.  They look at each other as they walk over toward the music room door, and they put their ear up against it and heard someone singing.

            “It’s Alex singing,” Nick said.

            “But what song?” Joe asked.

            Kevin slowly opens the door, and they look in to see Alex dancing in the middle of the room with headphones on and the stereo was on, but she was singing to the song that she was listening to but they didn’t hear it.

            “One minute and the earth begins to shake… two minutes and my heart begins to break… Another minute and she makes me feel brand new… That’s just three minutes with you… Four minutes and she’s everything I see… Five minutes and she’s where I wanna be… Another minute everything just feels so new… I need six minutes with you… Six minutes…” Alex was singing.

            They look at each other and smile knowing she was singing their song, ‘6 minutes’.

~*~*~*~

            As Alex got done singing her third song, she turns around she sees the young voices that were on her headset were now in front of her and grown up.

            She screams with a jump back and went over to turn off the stereo and takes the headset off.  “Don’t do that!” she told them.

            They smiled.

            “We were looking for you,” Joe told her.

            “Well, you found me,” she said going over to sit down on the couch.

            They go over and join her.