Ch. 8: The Heartbreak

Chapter 8

            After everyone got done hugging Alex for three minutes, mom called everyone to lunch, so everyone headed downstairs to eat.  Paul told Alex and Joe that they would be hand washing the lunch and dinner dishes together, and help make dinner with mom.  They both agreed to it.

            “Why don’t we stay home today?” Kevin asked.

            “Yea.  We can watch a movie or play music,” Joe added.

            “Or play a game,” Frankie told them.

            Alex remembered once again she didn’t tell her brothers.  “Um, I have something to tell you.”  They watched her.  “Sorry, I just remembered until now.  And I know that I should’ve told you upstairs.  I will be leaving in the morning to go spend New Years with Chris.  I will be back after the second.”

            “But Alex…” Nick started.

            “I know.  Chris and I talked about it last night.  I’m sorry.  Since we didn’t spend Christmas together, we agreed to spend New Years.”

            “You do have the right to spend it with him,” Joe told her sadly.

            “Thank you,” she said.  “I want to spend my last day with you guys before I leave.”  She blushes, “I’ve heard a lot about the TV show you did earlier, and I haven’t watched the new season yet?”

            “Jonas or Jonas LA?” Kevin asked.

            “LA,” she giggles.

            “You haven’t seen it yet?” Mandy asked surprised.

            “Nope, not yet,” she said.  “Maybe we can watch them.”

            “If they won’t, I will,” Mandy giggled.  “It’s so funny.”

            “We’ll watch it with you,” Nick said with a smile.

            “Great,” Alex smiled.

            “Why not in the theater room?” mom asked.

            “Thank you,” they agreed.

            Everyone then went back into eating lunch.

~*~*~*~

            Alex was sitting there watching Jonas LA with her brothers, Dani, and Mandy.  As they were watching the sixth episode titled ‘The Secret’, Alex was sitting beside Nick as she heard him singing solo on the show, and was impressed, until he got into this one part of his song.  The Nick on screen was singing, as Alex looks over at the Nick beside her in total shock.