Ch. 4: 'Les Miserables'

Chapter 4

            After they decorated the house inside and outside for Christmas, Alex got help from Nick, mom, and dad in getting her passport, Nick getting stuff ready for her to get there, and packing the right clothes for the trip with Nick’s help over the phone and Kevin and Joe’s help too.

            Alex didn’t work on her plans for the wedding, but Danielle got an appointment booked with Michael Russo, which was after they all leave England, and they were going to fly to NYC as Denise, Paul, and Frankie head home as Kevin, Joe, Danielle, and Alex to go to the Oheka Castle to meet up with Michael to give him her ideas and hear what he had planned and compare ideas, then head home.

            Alex was about to land after a very long twelve-hour flight from Dallas, TX to London, England.  She left Thursday afternoon so that she could get there the next morning.  She slept on the way and made sure that she had everything in her carryon to not go crazy in an airplane for so long.  Joe and Kevin helped her relax by putting music and games on her I-Pod, and gave her a spare one to use if the other one died.

            Nick told her that he would be at the airport waiting, and gave her instructions on to just follow the signs since they would have English on them saying where the baggage claims were, and he would be right there waiting for her.

            She soon got to the airport, and when she got to touch real ground she was so glad that she made it safely.  She was glad that the flight home was going to New York first.  It was shorter Kevin told her.  She took her carryon, and followed the signs around her to get to the baggage claim.  She then saw Nick near the security area hiding in his favorite baggie clothes, sunglasses on, and was holding a white rose for her and his satchel over his shoulder.  Of course Rob hired him a guard who wasn’t standing very far.

            She ran toward him, “Jerry.”

            “Isabella,” he told her with open arms as they hug.

            “Glad that you made it,” he told her softly.

            “OMG, I’m glad that I can breathe air again,” she joked.

            He chuckles, “You made it, that’s a good thing.”

            They look at each other.

            “Thanks for not saying…”

            She smiled, “Why do you think I said it.”

            He smiles back, “Ready?” he asked.  She nodded as he hands her the rose, “For you, and I’ll take your carryon for you.”

            Alex trades her carryon for the rose, and she took his arm as they walk off to get her bags with the guard behind them.

            “Are you ready for tonight?” she asked him.