Ch. 18: Making the Cut Part 2

Here is Part 2 because it was long after I posted it...

~*~*~*~*~

            Ellen asked the family to stay after the show because she was going to ask some questions to Alex.

            Derek was with Alex to call Mitchel and David about the great news as Joe got on his phone with Nick to tell mom and dad the great news too.

            Kevin was watching Alex talking on her phone while he was sitting down on the couch waiting with Danielle.

            Danielle was watching Kevin, and knew something was up.  “Okay, say it.”

            “What?” Kevin asked her.

            “You are worried, thinking about something really hard, and it’s all over your face.”

            Kevin looks at her, “Can we go talk alone for a minute?” he asked her.

            “Sure,” she said worried.

            Kevin stands up and has Dani stand up with him and they go for a walk outside of the room.

            “Ellen wants to talk to you,” a crewmember told him.

            “Oh, I know.  I want to talk to my wife alone before Ellen’s shows over.”

            “Okay, not a problem.”

            Kevin and Dani walked away alone.

            They got to a quiet spot, and Kevin sighs as they stop.

            “Kevin, what is it?” she asked.

            “Alex asked me something that I never thought of doing.  And I want to talk to you about it.  Since it’s a huge decision to make for me… for us.”

            “What?” Dani asked.

            Kevin sighs and smiles, “Alex just asked me a few days ago to be her manager.”

            “What?” Dani asked surprised.

            “I know.  I mean, I’m sure dad could do it, but me?” he asked.  “I don’t think I could do it.”

            “Kevin, you are great in taking over what dad does when he is busy,” she told him.  “You can do this.  But do you want too?”

            “Yes and no.  We are family, and it would be family business together too.”  Kevin sees a chair and goes to sit down.

            Dani walks over and kneels down on her knees to face Kevin.  “I can’t make the choice for you.  It would be an awesome job for you.  Dad’s taught you guys so much in the business.  But it’s your choice.”

            Kevin nods looking at her.  “It’s my choice.  I just don’t want to make the wrong one.”

He didn’t know why, but he had a gut feeling that something was going to happen.  And it was going to be bad.

~*~*~*~

            Alex and Derek were hugging and shared a kiss after she got done on the phone talking to Mitchel and David, which they were on their way over to go over stuff with Ellen to make sure that Alex gets what she deserves.