꧁ fifteen

Fast forward three weeks, it was finally time for finals. It was the day for Nara to give her all. This was her last chance to escape her previous life once and for all. After summer, it'll be a new world, a new environment, a new her.

She was more than nervous, this was her starting point. As she took a change in her attitude a fortnight ago, a lot of her 'friends' were startled. The news about her and Felix took time to die down, but she swallowed it all silently, and with the help of Sunmi.

Nara felt lucky to have a friend like Sunmi next to her, she too somehow changed along with Nara. She forced herself to read the boring textbooks. It was a whole new surprise in their school that the two most wild girls were actually acting like real students. However, they paid no attention to the talks as time was running out and they had many to catch up.

Felix and Nara didn't talk much as they used to. Actually, Felix was the one who loved teasing her before but after the night they met each other in front of her house, they seemed distant. It was better that way, both of them could set their priorities right and avoid more rumours from igniting. Nara wanted to avoid him as much as possible, because every time she looked at him, she would always be haunted by the kiss.

"I might faint."

Sunmi said as they both walked down the hallway towards the classes, ready for the first day of exam week. "You'll do fine, you improved a lot." Nara reassured her. However, her friend was still nervous and it was evident as she kept playing with her fingers. "Don't think about it too much, just answer whatever's given to you. Think of the dance instead!" Nara exclaimed.

"This is the first time you talked about it." Sunmi nudged her. "It's not like I'm going anyway." Nara answered. "But you promised!" Sunmi exclaimed, baffled by her statement. Nara made a face instead, she was serious. She didn't want to go to the school dance anyway. The main reason was because it was sponsored by Felix's parents, and she knew every dark detail of it, also because she had no partner anyway.

As they were nearing Nara's classroom, she felt her stomach sank. She was super nervous for this, Sunmi wished her good luck and walked away. Just as she was about to enter her classroom, she was stopped by none other than Felix. She looked up at him, and he had the sweetest smile flashed.

The students in class automatically had their eyes on the two by the entrance door. "Ignore them." Felix said, causing Nara to focus her gaze on him instead of their classmates behind him.

"What do you want?" Nara rolled her eyes, in actual fact she was trying to calm her heartbeat down. It was either because of the exam or him, she didn't want to know. "Can't I wish you good luck? I need yours in return too." He said nonchalantly.

"That's cute," Nara smiled sarcastically. "May all the lucks be with me and none with you." She replied and pushed him aside before walking in. Out of nowhere, Felix pulled her by the wrist towards him causing their bodies to collide. He wrapped his arms around her and whispered down to her ear.

"This is all the luck I need." He said before letting go. He didn't forget to pat her head before heading to his table. The whole class had their mouths agape, Nara too was surprised by his action. Embarrassed by the attention she gathered, she coughed awkwardly and walked to her seat.

She held a hand over her heart and it was beating so fast she thought it was impossible that she was still breathing. She cleared her throat as she noticed some students were watching her and pretended to busy herself with her stationery.

꧁꧂

"How did it go?"

Sunmi jumped on Nara's back as soon as the girl walked out of her class. "It was okay." Nara shrugged and Sunmi made a face, she didn't expect her response to be so dry. "You seemed happy, did you nailed it?" Nara asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

Sunmi walked forward to Nara and made a proud face. She walked backwards as she was about to proudly brag on how she did. "Thanks to this smart brain of mine, I did not leave any questions nor did I sleep during the test." She exclaimed.

"Oh wow, the huge change. I'm proud to be called your mentor." It was Nara's turn to goof around. "But the credit goes all to myself for putting up with your boring lectures and—"

Before she could even finished her words, she stumbled on a person and seconds later they were both on the ground. Nara rushed to Sunmi's side as she pulled the girl to her feet. It happened too fast and Nara couldn't stop it. She actually wanted to laugh on how silly she looked.

"Who the— Oh my God, I'm so sorry." Sunmi panicked. Nara raised an eyebrow at her friend. This was weird, the normal Sunmi would be a drama queen and started nagging and whining for the whole school to hear, but this Sunmi right here was apologising?

Nara eyed Sunmi as she apologised to a familiar face, she knew too well. It was her fellow classmate, Kim Seungmin. He was one of Felix's buddies and not to mentioned a smart one. Sadly, he was always ranked third since Nara and Felix conquered the top 2.

Seungmin was a really pleasant guy, he had the cutest smile not to mention a really diligent guy. He's always a teacher's favourite. And then Nara looked at Sunmi, Seungmin was nowhere close to her type at all. She liked wild, grown men. So why was she being so nice to Seungmin?

Nara watched as they both apologised and then parted ways eventually. Sunmi kept her gaze on Seungmin's back until he disappeared down the corner of the corridors. Sunmi turned to look at Nara who had her judging expression on. Immediately, panic rose in her.

"What was th—"
"It's not what you think—"
"Sure."

Nara laughed and walked past her. She could hear Sunmi's cry of frustration because now she had to convince Nara that she was trying to change instead of actually developing a crush on Seungmin. Nara was too hard to deceive but admitting her crush was worst.

꧁꧂

"Good luck on your test, Nara. You wanted to escape this reality, right? I hope you can, if only. Until we meet again."

Nara sighed, this was the fifth letter she received from this anonymous person. It creeped her out every time, but as long as she remained untouched she was going to act as if nothing happened.

꧁꧂

🐾Aussie line just tumbled IM FLIPPING