꧁ eighteen

"Get your ass up!"

A pillow landed on her face giving a shock to Nara as she flicked her eyes opened. She glared at Sunmi who was enjoying the wake up call he gave her. Nara groaned and rolled to the side, wanting some more sleep. However, Sunmi wasn't going to let her go that easy so she decided to pull her hair slightly.

"Ugh, bitch. I'm up!" Nara groaned, as she slapped Sunmi's hands away from her hair. She sat up on the bed and threw a glare at her friend. "Come on, let's head to the pool." Sunmi pulled her and she hesitantly followed.

The two of them were enjoying their summer break in a resort located in Thailand. It was an exquisite one, with lots of facilities and activities they can enjoy themselves with. Of course, Nara insisted that it was a ridiculous idea and she could never pay for it but Sunmi had already purchased the flight tickets and dragged Nara to the airport.

Nara was angry at first because she knew that it was too much, every thing they spent was very expensive and Nara could never afford it but Sunmi told her countless times that she didn't have to think of it.

The two girls exited their room and headed down to the lobby. By the time they got there it was already crowded with people. Nara gawked at the scene. "How about the beach instead?" Sunmi suggested as the beach was just in front of their hotel. They were both wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

"Where are the boys?" Sunmi sighed as she scanned the crowd of people through her sunglasses. Nara rolled her eyes, just a few days ago she was giggling on how cute Seungmin was and now here she was looking for another prey. "I'm calling Seungmin." Nara pretended to dial a number causing Sunmi to playfully hit her.

"Oh come on, I will never choose them over my cutie." She laughed. Nara heaved a sigh and gagged later on. It was so torturing for her to hear Sunmi's constant squeal about Seungmin now that Nara found out both of the decided to date. She didn't know which one was worst, the fact that she liked Seungmin or the other way around.

They continued strolling along the beach and ended up at one of the stalls there. Nara enjoyed this vacation a lot, not because she didn't have to spend, but she loved the fact that she spent it with her greatest friend and for a while she forgot about the pathetic life she led. Although it was momentarily, but she was going to save it forever.

Nara was dragged back to reality when Sunmi waved her hand in front of her face. She had her eyes rounded, waiting for an answer from her except Nara wasn't listening. "Sorry, what did you say?" Nara asked as she sipped her drink. "Ugh, I asked about you with Felix." Sunmi rolled her eyes.

"What about us?" Nara asked straightforwardly. "What do you mean 'what about us'? Everything! You two almost kissed on the dancefloor—"

"Stop, stop!" Nara was close to spitting her drink at the mention of the incident. Their faces were so close at the dance both of them weren't paying attention to other eyes watching them. Unfortunately, before anything could happen, one of the teachers were fast to pulled them apart so it became a 'normal dance' with zero intimacy.

"I almost buried myself." Nara added, recalling how the whole school was cheering on them as a tease because of their failed attempt to actually kiss. It was embarrassing the fact that Felix was about to kiss her for the second time and the fact they actually flopped at it.

Sunmi was still laughing as she was one of the people who was so eager to watch them smooch. "Did he contact you afterwards?" She asked. Nara glanced at her phone as a habit. "Why would he? It was a stupid move." She scoffed. "Can we stop talking about this?" Nara asked, somehow annoyed.

"Fine, since it's our last day, let's have some fun!" Sunmi grinned and started pulling Nara towards the water. Nara wasn't resisting because she wanted to have fun as well. This might be her last time overseas. She had to make full use of it.

꧁꧂

"A vacation? Did you think that would stop me from reaching out to you? I'm closer than you think. The time is almost near for us to meet, I'm looking forward to it and I hope you too. Until we meet again."

Nara kept the paper in her sling bag and pretended as if it was nothing when Sunmi walked into her room. "Are you done?" She asked and Nara nodded. The two girls exited their hotel room and went down to the lobby. The hotel was throwing a pool party and it amazingly landed on the same date of their last day.

Nara refused to believe it was a coincidence. She was somehow very certain that it had something to do with Sunmi. She was wealthy after all, asking a hotel to throw a party was a tiny hindrance to her. Nara sighed, how she wished she had that much money.

They were both having much fun chatting and checking out the boys playing volleyball in the pool. Nara forgot about everything and enjoyed herself a lot, especially the drink. She left Sunmi's side to get a new drink. The coconut drink was definitely tasty and the small umbrella decorated on it was very cute to her liking.

After Nara ordered a new drink from the waitress, she hadn't realise a ball was coming a way until someone shouted "Heads up!" Unprepared, she closed her eyes and wished for the best. However, as she opened her eyes she realised she was hit by nothing and the people in the pool resumed their game happily with a new ball.

Nara glanced to her side and caught a guy he had his head hung low and his palms on his knees. Only when he stood up straight did she realised he was shirtless. He pushed his hair back as he flashed a wide grin at her, presenting his dimples to her.

However, Nara couldn't smile back she was surprised at what happened and wasn't processing if she was saved by him or was it just a pure coincidence that he was here?

"You're welcome." He smiled. Immediately, Nara digested everything that occurred. She was saved by this awfully cute guy. "Yeah, thanks." Nara awkwardly replied in English. The waitress then handed her the drink and she was about to leave when the guy stopped her. "Are you Korean?" He asked in their mother tongue.

Nara was even more surprised that he was too. She nodded her head, ready to leave as she felt quite uncomfortable conversing with an unknown. "What a small world." He said. Nara nodded slightly and yet again was about to leave when he took a few steps closer to her. She almost glared at him but thinking that he just saved her, she let it slide.

"I'm Chan by the way." He extended a hand and Nara shook along with a reply of her name. "You come here alone?" He asked, somehow she was pretty much annoyed at how hard he was trying to converse with her. "No, I came with a friend." She replied. But the guy wasn't stopping.

In the end, the two of them were caught chatting by none other than Sunmi from afar. She decided to take a picture of them sneakily and send it to Felix, knowing he'd be drop dead jealous but unable to say a word about it. She grinned to herself after successfully sending it to him.

Nara was glad that she could finally stop him from interrogating her further. She wasn't used to boys anyway. Felix was enough to handle she wouldn't want more. Nara felt sorry for Chan, he was probably being nice but it was just that Nara really hated boys trying to hit on her.

"Thanks again for earlier, Chan." Nara said. "Nah, I would do it in a heartbeat. It was nice talking to you. Until we meet again." Chan left her side, however his last sentence was enough to make her stomach sank.

꧁꧂

🐾I've returned!