꧁ ten

Nara became awfully quiet to a point Sunmi almost went crazy because of the silence between them. She rolled her eyes and gave her friend a push in the forehead over the table.

Nara looked at her confusedly, after she blinked a few times. "The heck has gotten into you?" Sunmi asked as she continued munching her food. "I don't know." Nara answered, her voice was softer than normal. Definitely, something was wrong. One thing Sunmi loved about Nara, she was like an open book, a very easy person to read.

"I'm back in the game." Nara said out of the blue.

Sunmi caught her words and thought of the scholarship immediately but she concluded it was too good to be true. Nara wasn't the type to change her mind once she decided.

"What game?" Sunmi asked. "The scholarship." Nara answered and before Sunmi could even jump over the table to strangle her, Nara explained everything that happened. She removed her blazer and showed her burnt sleeve as proof.

"I'm telling you, he's up to something." Sunmi said after finally calming down. "He probably just want to hurt you again. I mean if his parents can do it he certainly can to—"

Nara sighed, "I feel guilty. Besides, I'm not going to put up a fight anyway. I'm doing this to satisfy his parents and the school's little game, that's all." Nara answered. However, her tone reflected her pained emotions. It was evident, and she was oblivious. "Whatever you say, just don't hurt yourself." Sunmi sighed, she gave up on convincing her.

"Awh, you care about me?" Nara joked. "I hope you choke." Sunmi scoffed. Soon after, they finished their lunch and headed back to their respective classes.

꧁꧂

As the final bell of the day rang, Sunmi walked out of her noisy class on her own. She was never close with her own classmates anyway. They were what she called assholes just because they were rich, they never bothered about their academics. Although Sunmi would say the same thing for herself, but she tried to change.

Most probably because she finally opened her eyes for someone her age and happened to be in the same school as her. However, it was sad that he was far more of a genius that she will ever be.

If Nara found out about her secret crush she would flip. Sunmi's little crush on this guy was far different than the guys she fooled around with before. He was a neat, smart and a very cute guy. Sunmi was known for having the hots for older, hunky and buffed guys. However, this crush of hers was totally different.

She found herself crazy too when she discovered her feelings for the guy. She had not expect it at all. However, as cringey as it sound, she didn't like him in an inappropriate way, it was really a pure and innocent crush. One of the reasons why she wanted to change so much, was to impress him.

Sunmi stopped walking down the corridor and stood in front of Nara's class as she watched her classmates exit through the door. Then she saw him, he was alone as well. She raised her hand to actually call out his name but was interrupted when his friends came to get him.

"What the hell? Why are you looking at Seungmin like that?" Nara asked, as she looked at Sunmi and Seungmin back and forth. She made a face as it was strange of Sunmi to look so dazed while looking at someone in their school, especially a guy like Seungmin.

"Huh? What nonsense— Let's go." Sunmi cut her off and pulled Nara with her as they walked out of the school compound. "Oh hey, look it's them." Sunmi's statement caught Nara's attention and her eyes followed the direction of Sunmi's.

They spotted three girls down the back street away from their school, near a club. However, the girls weren't alone. There were aged men in front of them. All of them were seated on a large and low table, a platform like. As Nara and Sunmi was getting closer to them, Nara felt a sudden tug.

"I don't think we should join, they're gambling and we're broke anyway." Sunmi said as they both saw money and card was scattered on the table. She tried to pull Nara to the other way but the girl was strong enough to remain unmoved. "Oh, come on. We always win." Nara smiled playfully.

Although she didn't have much money to bet, she knew she'd win anyway. She was good at games, and she loved how she got a lot of money from it. Nara dragged Sunmi with her as she was getting excited to play.

"Hey guys, a room for one more?" Nara chirped in. Some men rolled their eyes at her, underestimating her but eventually they handed her the cards. "Wait, wait. Where's your money?" One of the men asked as he eyed Nara from top to toe. Sunmi remained silent and stood closely to Nara. She was disgusted with the looks they were giving her.

Nara smirked. "I don't have money, but I'll get some from you." She said. It was the man's turn to smirk, "Little girl, go play somewhere else." He said and was about to take the cards away from her when Nara pulled the cards away from his hand. "Fine, a one night stand." She smirked.

Some of the men were impressed and whistled as they looked down her body. "Bitch, you got some balls." Jihyo said and the game started. Sunmi was very uneasy with the bet. Nara had never gone that far, normally she would ask her for money but she was betting her innocence and it was ridiculous. She silently prayed that lightning would zapped these men to death if Nara lost.

However, the tables turned when Nara was winning. She slammed her final card, ending the game and crowning herself as the winner. The men had their mouths hanging. Sunmi too was surprised. She knew Nara was good, but this time she had lots of luck with her as well.

"Thanks suckers." She said and took the money, counting the stack of cash. She had a wide grin on her face, she was really loving it. Sunmi on the other hand knew that she was supposed to feel happy for Nara like she always did but she knew better that Nara had a conflict inside her that she refused to solve.

She wasn't facing it, she was running away. All these illegal stuffs she was doing, was just an escape for her to actually forget her real self. She was still a child deep down inside.

The two girls were about to make a run for it, as they knew the men were fuming with anger as they lost to a high school girl. However, as they were about to run with the money they got someone else had slapped the money off Nara's grip and pulled her the other direction. Sunmi was dumbfounded as well.

"What the—"

Nara wanted to curse and slapped whoever was dragging her away from her reward. However, her hand stopped when she noticed the grip on her wrist had bandages wrapped around his hand. She looked up and met Felix's side profile as he shoved her into his car and shut the door.

꧁꧂

🐾RV robbed me and im bald now