꧁ nineteen

"We have arrived in Incheon Airport. Please make sure to not leave your belongings behind, have a nice day. Thank you for flying with us."

Sunmi and Nara exited the checked out of the airport as they made their way to the exit. Nara was asking Sunmi when was Seungmin coming to pick them up when out of nowhere someone lifted Nara off her feet. She shrieked at the sudden contact and immediately looked up to the person holding her.

She thought her eyes were deceiving when she saw Felix staring back at her. Without a second thought, she hit him on the head. "Who told you to touch me?" She scolded, but Felix carried her firmly in his arms. "We have a wedding to catch, no time to waste." He said as he carried her to the exit.

Nara was expecting for him to put her down once they were outside but he didn't stop and actually shoved her in his car. "What the— where are we going?" Nara asked. Her eyes rounded as she looked at Sunmi waving awkwardly outside the car.
"I told you, we're signing our marriage." Felix shut the door as his driver put her luggage at the back of the car before he started driving.

"Very funny, Felix. I'd rather die young than marry you." Nara rolled her eyes. "So you prefer a shirtless guy with blonde hair than me, huh?" Felix asked softly, as if he was sulking. Her mind instantly went to a specific guy who saved her at the pool, which perfectly matched his description, Chan.

A smile appeared on her face, hinting the jealousy he felt. She wanted to laugh, it was childish. Nara had not expect for him to actually feel jealous of an unknown guy, moreover they weren't in a relationship anyway. "Gosh, you're jealous? Hmm, now that I think about it, he is very attractive." Nara teased.

The car halted and Nara looked outside to see they were in front of their school. It was a summer break, what were they doing here? Nara didn't get time to question when Felix had already walked out of the car. She followed after him as both of them walked into the school compound.

Her question was answered however, as they stepped into the office. Seconds later, they were called into the principal's office. Immediately, she felt nervous. She had totally forgot about today. The principal was going to announce the winner of the scholarship before anyone else knows. The two of them would know two months earlier than everyone.

It was because they'll have a month to prepare before a final interview is conducted and only then would the winner fly to their chose country. Nara rounded her hands in fists, to prevent it from shaking. She was anxious, her life was right before her eyes. She would either spend her two months of holiday in vain or in happiness.

She felt like crying although both of them knew nothing, but she held it back. She had to remain calm.

"I'm glad you two made it. I hope the summer break was fun." The principal started but only Felix reacted. She was still nervous to even pull her lips into a smile. "I won't waste any time, I hope both of you would accept this result as it is. Both of you are the best student of this school. Your commitment was extraordinary, your performance never failed to woo us. I pray the best for both of you since you have bright futures ahead." She said as she handed them letters with their names on it.

Nara looked at the letter in her hand. The name 'World Health Organisation' was printed on the envelope. She glanced at the principal and she nodded for both of them to proceed reading it. With a nervous heart and shaky hands, Nara opened the letter. She wanted to close her eyes at first, she didn't dare to read the next sentence after another.

However, her heart stopped when she saw the words. Tears filled her eyes, she was overwhelmed. She refused to believe it. "Congratulations to Ms. Kang Nara. You are hereby officially a student under the World Health Organisation's sponsorship. We look forward to your commitment." She folded the letter, and shut her eyes. She would still not believe it. It was time to escape.

꧁꧂

The two of them did not talk after they left the school, the car ride was very silent. Nara was awfully happy with the news but she somehow felt sad. She was sad that Felix didn't get the scholarship and she was afraid that his hand was one of the reasons and it was totally her fault. She felt guilty to be happy in front of him.

As the car halted in front of her house, Nara stared at it for a while. She realised it was finally time that she was leaving it behind. She got out of the car, oblivious that Felix followed her as well. Nara turned around to thank Felix for everything, she felt bad for leaving just like that. Only when she turned around, she bumped into him.

Instead of letting her back away, Felix wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in a tight hug. This time, Nara couldn't hide her feelings anymore and cried as she hugged him in return. Her sob was mixed of feelings, she was delighted of the scholarship as well was she sad to leave her friends behind. She also felt guilty that the competition wasn't a fair play and she was the reason.

"You should be happy, stop crying." Felix laughed but it only made her cry harder. "I told you it was gonna be yours, now you own it. I'm very proud of you." He said as he stroked her hair. "If you think it was your fault that I didn't get the scholarship, you're wrong. The principal told me that my Biology was nine marks lower than yours. You won it fair and square." Nara could feel him grinning next to her ear.

"Now stop crying," Felix pulled her away from him and lifted her chin. "And smile." He wiped her tears with his thumbs. Nara couldn't help but to pull her lips into a small smile. She was touched, he helped her so much. Felix rumbled through his pocket, and took out a small box. Nara looked down on it blankly.

He opened the box and revealed a silver bracelet. Nara held back even more tears from flowing as he put on the bracelet around her wrist. The letter F and N were attached to each ends of the bracelet, serving as the lock and key. It was simple yet it touched her heart.

She wanted to say something to Felix, but his smile got her lost for words. She could only look back at him with a soft expression. For the first time ever, she hesitated to leave.

꧁꧂

🐾I dont know what's wrong with wattpad but I had a hard time publishing this. I am going to look like 💩 for sksd tonight,,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY FOX 🦊 💞 #DesertFoxJeonginDay