Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The Gym Qualifier

Cerulean City-

Misty was outraged. It was the third report of stolen Pokémon of the day. She was of course, the Cerulean City Gym Leader, and it was her job to keep order in her town. Misty decided it was time to call a higher authority. Her older sister used to be the Gym Leader of the town, and is a current member of the Elite Four.

The phone rang, and a voice finally came on at the other end.

"Misty, this better be important," said the voice. "Lance and I are on a nice date right now."

"Forget your date, Lorelei!" Misty yelled. "We've got a serial Pokémon kidnapper on the loose!"

"How do you know?"

"Three families have had their Pokémon stolen, and they all report seeing men dressed in black with a red 'R' on their shirt. The trail's gone cold, and we need some experts on the case."

"Be right there," said Lorelei. She hung up the phone, placed her napkin on her plate (they were in a very nice restaurant), and looked at Lance across the table. "It looks like we'll miss the movie, we've got a Poke-napper in Cerulean City."

Viridian Forest-

Red and Blue awoke in the small clearing to bright sunshine. Caterpie was snuggled up next to Blue, and at first she was startled to see the bug Pokémon so close to her. She then realized that it was kinda cute and held it in her arms like one would cradle a baby. They picked up their stuff and realized that the wild Pikachu was nowhere to be found. They decided to continue on their way to Pewter City.

They walked about a mile when Red turned around and saw Blue still cradling the little Caterpie and tickling its belly.

"You know you didn't catch that Pokémon, right?" asked Red.

Blue looked at him matter-of-factly and said "Who said it was a contest?"

"Well I'm just saying if it were it wouldn't count. Caterpie just decided to follow you." Little did Red know that Pikachu was following them.

"Following or not, he's my little green bundle of joy," she said and snuggled her face into the Pokémon. "Yes you are, yes you are!"

The sun had ascended to the middle of the sky. It was about noon they reckoned, when the woods began to grow less thick. They could see a couple mountains in front of them. Red was fiddling with the Pokedex and found a neat little map feature.

"It says were technically out of Viridian Forest now. Apparently, in between those two closest mountains is Pewter City. I'm so excited for my Gym Battle!" His voice began to shake with excitement.