Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Stranger in the Mountain

Inside Mt. Moon-

The captain searched into the deepest parts of Mt. Moon. He knew what he was looking for. Moon Stones were abundant inside the mountain (in ancient times a giant meteor crashed into the mountain, bringing with it the special rocks). Moon Stones allowed certain species of Pokémon to evolve immediately. However, his boss didn't want just any Moon Stone.

He had been instructed to bring back another part of the special Moon Stone. The Boss had found it once before. Inside this Moon Stone contained a fossil of great importance to his Boss. He was told to retrieve it at all costs.

The Western Entrance to Mt. Moon-

Red and Blue awoke the next day a little later than usual. They decided to sleep in, assuming that they'd need their rest to make it through Mt. Moon in one piece. The Mountain itself wasn't that treacherous. The main tunnel had been dug by Human hands to connect Pewter and Cerulean City. However, one must still take precautions, as many wild Pokémon lived in the Mountain.

Mt. Moon used to be an Island in a large gulf. The entire Northern part of Kanto was underwater in ancient times. Some fossils could be found of ancient sea Pokémon if one dug hard enough. One day, a large meteor crashed into the island. The force of the impact transformed the entire landscape, and baffling scientists, by raising the elevation of the entire region and drained the gulf back into the ocean.

The two companions wound their way up the narrow path and into the entrance to the cave. The cave was dark at first, but eventually, little lights were strung this way and that, guiding any travelers along a predetermined path. Suddenly, the tunnel opened into a wide cavern. Voices could be heard echoing in the distance or in the far corners of the cave. Sometimes, they saw wild Geodude next to a wall. The occasional Diglett also popped its head up here and there.

They saw a girl sitting on a rock a ways up, she looked extremely bored. When they approached her, she leapt to her feet.

"Oh hello!" she said. "You know, its sooo boring sitting here all day every day. I like to train my Pokémon here and battle with other Trainers who pass through the Mountain. Me and my sister have a little house on the side of the mountain. And now I challenge one of you to a battle!"

While they were in the Pokémon Center, they had decided that they would take turns battling any Trainers they met along the way. It was Red's turn. He stepped forward, clutching Pikachu's Poke-ball.

"I'd like you to meet the Pokémon that strikes fear into the hearts of Onixes everywhere!" he released Pikachu, who came out on all fours with angry eyes ready to battle.

"Oh!" said the girl. "It's so cute! But my Pokémon is cute too, and we've also beaten many Onix!" Out of her Poke-ball came a small Pink Pokémon with pointy ears, rosy cheeks, and tiny wings. It leapt around as if gravity didn't affect it at all.