seven

Josh had changed his mind, and accepted Elise's help

Josh had changed his mind, and accepted Elise's help. Elise, Specs and Tucker went back to the house later that night. They all sat around a small table set up in Dalton's room for a seance. Renai and Josh were on one side of the table, Elise and Specs were on the other with Jessie seated in between Josh and Specs. Tucker was standing off to the side.

"What's most important is that you realize no two attempts are the same. I will be completely honest with you about the results, and if no dialogue is established, I will tell you" Elise explained.

"These still cameras are rigged to pick up changes in the atmosphere, electrical or temperature-wise. Don't be alarmed if they go off" Tucker said

"You'll see things you don't understand. Confusing things. Do not question them and do not speak in any way. I want you to know that whatever I say when I'm in tune is going to be at a very low volume and you won't hear any of it. Steven's going to write it all down. He's going to repeat it for me. Dim the lights please" Tucker turned off the lights and Specs lit the lantern that was on the table. Tucker placed a device resembling a gas mask on Elise's head with a tube in place where the mouth would be. Specs put on a pair of headphones, which Tucker connected to Elise's mask via a tube.

"We are calling out to you Dalton. Tell us you're safe. Tell us where you are. Dalton, can you hear us? Answer us" Specs repeated after Elise. There was silence and then a flash of light. Elise started talking again while Specs repeated and wrote down what she said. "Who's there? Dalton it's your mother, father and your aunt. We've been searching for you. Where are you?" Specs wrote in his book again. "I can't see in here. Dalton, you don't need to see. Follow my voice. Follow my voice Dalton. Dalton, why aren't you talking any more?" Specs wrote down more words. "If they hear me, they'll hurt me. Who will hurt you?" There was another flash of light. "Who will hurt you Dalton?" Followed by two flashes of light. Specs started writing again. 

"The man with fire on his face. Dalton, can you find your way out. There is no way out. Follow my voice Dalton. Follow my voice. Be quiet. They'll hear you. They won't hear me Dalton. Follow my voice. They heard you" Specs flipped the page so he could continue writing. "Oh god mommy, daddy and auntie. Help me" Specs repeated the phrase and continued to write it down. The camera was now nonstop flashing. Suddenly, all that stopped. "Dalton?" There was another moment of silence and Specs wrote again. "You bitch" 

Elise started convulsing and Specs continued to write. The sentences were vulgar which meant that it was no longer Dalton they were speaking to. Elise let out a scream which made Specs take off the headphones. Elise stopped screaming and hear head dropped. Specs touched her arm. When Josh looked over at Dalton's bed, he noticed that he was gone. 

"Dalton?" Josh said. Dalton was at the table. He brought his hand down to the table which made everyone fall backwards to the ground. Dalton threw the table across the room. Specs tried getting up but Dalton slapped him across the face, which sent him flying across the room. The long haired fiend started walking towards Renai and Josh while an arm grabbed onto Jessie. 

"Jessie, get to the corner" Benny's voice whispered into her ear. She did what he asked and crawled into the corner of the room. Elise, who had taken her mask off at this point, approached Dalton and grabbed his head. 

"Leave this vessel! Leave this vessel!" she repeated. Renai screamed when the long haired fiend grabbed her and held her against the wall. His tongue slithered out of his mouth and licked Renai's cheek. Jessie gave Benny a pleading look, asking him to help Renai. Josh had tried fighting the fiend off but unfortunately it was stronger than he was. Benny approached the fiend and pulled him away from Renai, sending him to the ground. Renai looked up to see the face of her saviour.

"Don't be scared of me" Benny said. He pointed at Jessie. "I'm her friend. I'm trying to protect Dalton until he gets back to his body" Benny then disappeared. 

"Leave this body! Turn on the lights!" Elise continued on, trying to get the evil entity to leave Dalton's body. "Leave this body! Now!" When the lights turned on, all the chaos stopped and Dalton's body dropped to the ground.