fourteen

A day had passed since Elise died and the cops got involved

A day had passed since Elise died and the cops got involved. They questioned Josh, Renai and Jessie. When Jessie was questioned, she explained how Dalton was in a coma and weird things began happening. She explained how they moved, and how they hired Elise to help. Jessie knew the detective thought she was crazy, but she didn't really care.

"Miss Lambert, do you believe that your brother killed Elise?" Detective Sendal asked.

"Of course I don't. Josh isn't capable of doing such a thing" Jessie assured. Sendal placed a photo in front of her.

"Elise took this photo, seconds before she was killed. Can you tell me who that is in the picture?" he asked

"Renai said she saw a lot of apparitions" 

"Are you telling me that this is a picture of a ghost? I'm not interested in ghosts, Miss Lambert. I'm interested in the living people who create them" Sendal placed another photo in front of her. "Elise has marks on her neck that were put there by human hands. I'll let you know if forensics matches those marks, to your brother's"

~

The family moved in with Lorraine so the police could investigate at their old house. Jessie took her stuff to her old bedroom. It was still covered in the posters and awards she got when she was a kid. She began to unpack when Renai knocked at her door.

"Are you feeling alright?" Renai asked as she sat on the bed.

"I'm fine. How are you holding up?" Jessie asked.

"I'm okay. I'm still a little shaken up over yesterday"

"Me too" Jessie could feel her phone vibrate. She opened it and saw that she had a text from an unknown number. There was an address followed by the text underneath it.

Jessie, do you think you could come with Tucker and I tonight? I really need to see you -S

Of course. Pick me up at this address. See you later- J

"Who was that?" Renai asked.

"Specs. He asked me to meet him tonight" Jessie responded. A smirk formed on Renai's face.

"So, is he your boyfriend now?" 

"No. I think right now he just needs support from a friend" 

~

It had gotten dark. Jessie had gotten another text from Specs saying that he and Tucker were outside.

"Where are you headed off to?" a voice startled Jessie. She turned around and saw Josh.

"Josh, you scared me, but if you must know, I'm off to meet Specs and Tucker" Jessie explained. 

"Really? This late?"

"Josh, please don't this. This isn't some random guy you've never met before. This is Specs and Tucker"

"Alright, just don't stay out too late" 

"Fine. I've got my phone on if you need to call me" Jessie gave Josh a hug and a kiss on the cheek before she left the house. At the end of the driveway, was the familiar looking van and her two friends. 

"Hey guys" she greeted. 

"Jessie, it's good to see you again" Tucker said, before engulfing her in a hug. When they pulled away, Jessie's attention was turned to Specs. Her arms were quickly wrapped around him.

"I missed you" she muttered to him.

"You saw me yesterday" Specs said. Jessie let go of him and smiled.

"I know" She leaned in and kissed him. Specs' hands found themselves resting on Jessie's lower back, while her arms were wrapped around his neck. Both of them seemed to forget that Tucker was even there.

"Guys, when you're done making out, we should probably go" Tucker said. This made the two pull away from each other.

"Right, let's go" Specs said. He grabbed Jessie's hand and climbed in the van with her, with Tucker getting in shortly after.