twenty nine

Jessie invited Renai, Imogen and Melissa back to her house

Jessie invited Renai, Imogen and Melissa back to her house. It would be awhile yet before Specs and Tucker were to be back. They all settled themselves in the living room.

"Do you guys want tea or anything?" Jessie asked.

"We'd love some. Thank you" Melissa said. Jessie retreated into the kitchen. She put the kettle on, and fished out everything else she needed. She stopped, however, when she felt a strange presence behind her. Almost as if someone was breathing on her neck. She turned around but didn't see anybody there. She was startled when the kettle startled to whistle. Jessie poured the hot water and the teabags into the cups. She was pouring herself a cup when a voice whispered in her ear.

Hello, princess

She dropped the cup of hot water. The liquid seared her arm, and she yelped out in pain. Imogen was the one to burst into the kitchen. She saw Jessie's red flesh, and she also saw the terrified look in her new friend's eyes.

"Jessie, are you okay?" Imogen asked. She grabbed a towel and wet it with cold water. The scorch wasn't serious. She gently placed the cool and wet towel on Jessie's arm. "It's okay. It's not serious"

"H-he was here" Jessie said.

"Who was here?"

"Him. The man who hurt me. He won't leave me alone!" Jessie broke out in tears. Imogen didn't know who Jessie was talking about but she knew enough to know that this would be one of those things that her aunt would deal with.

~

Jessie managed to get a hold of Specs. He said that they would be working all night but would be home as soon as they got finished. Renai was a little unsure about leaving Jessie, since she was informed of what happened, but Imogen and Melissa offered to stay with Jessie until Specs and Tucker got back.

"Call me if anything happens" Renai said.

"I will Renai, don't worry" Jessie said. The two of them hugged each other. There was a honk coming from outside, indicating that Josh was waiting for his wife.

"I guess I should go before I make Josh wait all night for me" With that, Renai left, leaving Jessie alone with her two new friends.

"I'll show you guys the spare room. It's small but there are two beds. You guys might end up being here the whole night" Jessie said.

"That's fine. Honestly, we know what you've been through and we understand you don't want to be alone" Melissa said.

"Anything you need from us, don't hesitate to ask" Imogen said.

~

After Jessie made sure that Imogen and Melissa were settled in for the night, she had snuck off to her private room. It was a locked room that only she had access to. Both Specs and Tucker always asked her about it, but she always told them that it was her quiet writing space. She wouldn't dare tell them that this is where she comes so that she can visit her twin brother. The only thing is that she has to go to him. Jessie dimmed the lights and grabbed the metronome. She sat in the chair that was stationed in the middle of the room. The metronome started to tick, and Jessie closed her eyes. She focused on the ticking and pictured herself entering The Further.

"Jessie, what are you doing here?" She opened her eyes. She looked over and saw her physical self sitting in the chair. She then looked over to Benny. He didn't seem very happy that his sister was here. "You know you shouldn't be here"

"I know Benny but I needed to talk to you" Jessie said.

"What's wrong?"

"He keeps coming to see me"