sixteen

The next morning, Renai and Jessie were in the kitchen

The next morning, Renai and Jessie were in the kitchen. When Dalton came in, he sat down at the table.

"Hey honey. What do you want for breakfast?" Renai asked

"I don't care" Dalton sad. 

"Is everything okay?" Jessie asked

"I had a bad dream" 

"What was it about?" Renai asked

"I was in my bed sleeping. Grandma walked in. I could see someone else in my room. I tried to wake myself up. It took a while, but I did it. I heard voices in the hallway. It was daddy, and he was talking to someone. Is there something wrong with daddy?" Renai and Jessie looked up at each other, concern on both of their faces.

"No. He's just been through a lot"

"You have nothing to worry about" Jessie assured.

"I'm going to take the boys to school" Josh said. He stood in the doorway. "You two should rest. Relax a bit. Come on son" Jessie furrowed her eyebrows and stared at her brother. Something about him seemed...off.

~

Later in the day, Jessie went with Lorraine to see Specs and Tucker. Jessie still couldn't shake the thought off Josh out of her head. Something wasn't right with him.

"Are you okay Lorraine? You said something was wrong" Specs asked

"Whatever it was that killed Elise, whatever it was that was haunting my family, it's not done with us" Lorraine explained.

"Mom, did you see something?" Jessie asked

"Yes. Last night, I saw someone. I need your help" 

~

The four of them went down into the reading room.

"Do you remember the first time Elise visited your house? To talk to Josh when he was a boy?" Specs asked.

"No, I did a lot to try to forget that part of my life until recently, and Jessie she was really young. She wouldn't remember" Lorraine said

"Elise hypnotized him and asked him a series of questions. I digitized the actual footage taken from that night" Tucker said. He opened a file on the laptop that was sitting on the table. "I cropped and lightened the image. Jessie was the one who found this" The image of the tape became clearer and the two figures had an eerie resemblance to Josh and Jessie.

"Is that you and Josh?" Specs asked Jessie.

"How is that possible?" Lorraine asked.

"We don't know"

"If only Elise were here to help us" Specs and Tucker looked at each other, then looked at Lorraine and Jessie. They then glanced at each other.

"Okay, what are you two you thinking?" Jessie asked.

"I think I might know" Lorraine said.