twenty two

After Jessie was knocked out with a bleeding shoulder, Carl attempted to sedate Josh

After Jessie was knocked out with a bleeding shoulder, Carl attempted to sedate Josh. Unfortunately, Josh had began to strangle him. Specs and Tucker ran into the house. Specs tried to help Carl fight off Josh, but Josh shoved him away, knocking his glasses off of him and hit his head against the same cabinet that Jessie had hit her head on. Specs fell to the ground beside Jessie. Luckily, Tucker had a taser and used it on Josh. Carl was free from his grasp, but he passed out. Josh had the tranquilizer in his hands and stabbed it into Tucker's leg. He passed out, landing on top of Specs.  Josh crawled over to Specs, grabbed his head and knocked him out by hitting his head against the floor.

~

Jessie's eyes opened and she noticed that her surroundings had changed. She was still in the living room except it was dark. She managed to glance at her shoulder and noticed her blood stained blouse but she didn't feel any pain. Then she stood up and saw something that frightened her.  It was her own body, laying on the ground with the same bloody shoulder. 

"Jessie? Is that you?" she heard Carl's voice. She turned around and saw him stand up.

"Carl, where are we?" Jessie asked. 

"You're in The Further" a familiar voice said. She turned around yet again and saw Josh. The real Josh. "Jessie, what happened to your shoulder?"

"I was stabbed. What do you mean I'm in The Further? I was never able to travel here"

"I brought you here" Benny said, standing beside Josh. "This is the only time that I'm allowing your astral body to leave your physical body, and it wasn't my choice. It was Josh's"

"I'm really sorry Jessie, but I need your help. I wouldn't have asked Benny to do this, if I didn't need it" Josh said. He looked towards Carl. "I know you, don't I?"

"Why is Carl here anyway? Did you bring him here too?" Jessie asked, mainly to Benny. He shook his head.

"It killed you" Josh said to Carl. "I'm sorry. That thing is going to murder my family if I don't get back. Jessie, you're even lucky you're still alive"

"I'm not gonna be for long if my body doesn't get to a hospital" 

"I'm trapped here, and I'm getting weaker the longer I'm away from my body" 

"Elise" Carl said

"Elise, she's not here" Josh said.

"Well then, we'll have to find her" 

"Wait, what do we do about..." Jessie said as she pointed at her body. 

"We have to be quick to get me back to my body, if you want to get back to yours. The longer you're away from it, the weaker you'll become" Josh said.

"Alright" The four of them approached the front door, which opened as soon as they stood in front of it. They couldn't see anything except pure darkness.

"Into The Further we go" Carl said.