twenty

There was a crash coming from downstairs

There was a crash coming from downstairs. Jessie, Specs and Tucker rushed downstairs only to find that a chandelier had fallen on the floor, Lorraine and Carl on the ground beside it.

"Are you two okay?" Jessie asked. She gave Lorraine her hands to help her up, while Specs did the same for Carl.

"What happened?" Specs asked

"Give me a light over here" Carl said. He walked over to the table where the dice were. He took the dice in his hands. "You're not Elise, are you?" The dice landed on the table. No. All the doors in the house started closing. "Who are you?" Mater Mortis. "Mother of death"

"What does that mean?" 

"It's literal. It simply means the mother of Parker Crane" There was a noise coming from near the bookshelf that was in the room. Tucker knocked on the wall behind it, and there was a knock in response. Tucker knocked again and so did the entity. Specs and Tucker moved the bookcase out of the way, and opened the door that was behind it. There was another foul stench. Inside the room seemed to be people sitting except they were all covered by sheets. Jessie got curious so she approached one of them and lifted the sheet to take a peek. She was immediately greeted by a vomit inducing musk. She fell to the floor as she wretched.

"Jessie!" Specs said. He grabbed her hand and helped her stand up. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, that just made me feel sick" Jessie said.

"Don't touch anything else" Tucker warned. Holding onto each other's hands, Jessie and Specs continued on forward. They had found chest. Jessie had opened it, revealing a bunch of newspaper articles. 

"Guys, over here" Jessie said. 

"Bride in Black. I know that name" Specs said. Him and Jessie started looking through all of the newspaper articles.

"What you guys got?" Tucker asked

"One of the victims managed to elude the killer. Police said she described her attacker as an old woman dressed in a black wedding gown and veil. Bride in black claims his fifteenth victim" 

"Victims" Lorraine said, referring to the dead people under all the sheets.

"Explains why the smell was so bad" Jessie said. She turned around and came face to face with a mannequin head wearing a black veil. 

"Wait a second" Carl said. He reached out and touched the veil. "Parker wore that dress to commit his murders. It was his disguise. He killed for his mother because she forced him to. He wanted his childhood back. That's why he went after your son"