ten

"So, the reason you've attached yourself to Jessie is because you're her twin brother?" Josh asked

"Yes. All these years, even when I was young, I was trying to protect her and I tried protecting you as well. Now I'm here, trying to protect Dalton. Come on, let's go find him" Benny said. He opened a door which revealed two lanterns. Benny took one for himself and gave the other one to Josh. "Stay close to me, and like Elise said don't draw attention to yourself" They went through the door and into the dark.

"If you died at birth, how are you the same age as Jessie?"

"A part of me is still alive with her. Just as long as she stays alive, I will age just as she will" The two of them continued to wander around when they saw a boy.

"Dalton" Josh said. Dalton had run away, and the two brothers followed after him. Only it wasn't Dalton. The boy pointed to his right. He was pointing to the previous house. Josh and Benny began to approach it.

~

Back in the living room, Jessie had heard a voice echo in her head. She closed her eyes and she listened to the voice again with much more clarity.

"Josh is here Jessie" Benny's voice echoed in her ears as if she was in a tunnel. Benny's statement was confirmed when Elise spoke.

"He's in" she said. Jessie's eyes opened up again.

"You okay Jessie?" Specs asked her with a whisper. She turned to look at him, and reassured him with a smile and a gentle squeeze of his hand.

~

The pair of brothers entered the house. Josh attempted to call out to his son, but there was no answer. A figure in a white dress walked by and began walking up the stairs.

"Hello? Wait" Josh said. He walked ahead of Benny and began following the figure. Benny followed after him. Once they were upstairs, a door opened and they could hear weeping. The two entered the room. The weeping came from a woman who was hiding behind one of the open doors.

"Hello? I'm looking for my son Dalton" Josh attempted to communicate with the woman. There was the sound of a child's laughter. Benny continued on forward with Josh continuing to follow him. A new sound had drawn their attention. It was the sound of someone whistling. It lead the two of them back down the stairs.

In the living room, was a family of three. A man and a younger woman were sitting at the couch while an older woman was standing behind an ironing board. They all were eerily still. Josh looked closely at the faces of the man and woman on the couch. When he got a look at the older woman, it seemed more like a man wearing makeup and dressed like a woman. He blinked which startled Josh.

"Josh, we should keep going" Benny said. They went into the dining room where the clicking of a shotgun could be heard. In the dining room, was another young woman holding the shotgun. Josh tried talking with her.

"Where is my son? Tell me where my son is, please" he asked. There were three shots coming from the living room, and the woman in the dining room had suddenly vanished. Josh and Benny went back into the living room. The woman with the shotgun stood in front of the three people from earlier. They were sitting like dead bodies on the couch. The sound of a door opening averted both Josh and Benny's attention for a moment, and when they looked forward, the four people from the living room were in front of them.

"Josh, up the stairs. Now!" Benny said. Josh did what Benny asked and began running up the stairs. As soon as Josh made it up to the top, the attic door opened. When he made it up to the top, there was a red door. "That's where Dalton is"

Josh approached the red door but as soon as he was one step away, The Long Haired Fiend appeared in front of him and attacked him. Benny tried to help Josh but the Fiend had become somewhat stronger from last time. Benny was knocked to the ground.

~

In the real world, Josh's body started convulsing.

"What's happening to him?" Lorraine asked. Renai kneeled herself beside Josh and held onto him. Jessie stood up and wrapped herself around Specs. His arms wrapped around her, in an attempt to comfort her.

"Help him Elise, please" Renai asked

"You're stronger than them Josh. You can beat them. You're stronger, you are the one alive" Elise said.

~

"Get away from me!" Josh said when he felt this wave of strength come over him. He pushed The Fiend and sent him flying. Josh held out his hand for Benny to take. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. He's always been a problem" Benny said. He looked towards the door, and then at Josh. "Let's go in and get Dalton"