Prologue: The Bombs

The tremendous blast from the explosion ripped buildings apart and vaporized families in their place. This happened in every capital in the United States of America, all during the same day. It rocked our nation to it's very core. Good thing was, I'm a considerable distance from our capital. I live here in the state of New Jersey, our capital is Trenton in North Jersey and I live in Wildwood, a tiny island in South Jersey. So right after it happened, every one in every state across the United States resorted to anarchy. Our laws, our constitution all went out the window. No one cared about what it meant to be a human, they just resorted to their own groups and tried to survive on their own. But the bombs weren't the end of it, they all carried a form of a virus. The virus caused people to have an insatiable hunger for anything that moved. They all suffered from a permanent amnesia, which led them to first turn on their families. The virus wasn't contagious, so either you had or you'll never have it. These infected people, or the soulless as we called them, because they would kill without mercy and they felt no pain. These soulless didn't listen to reason, and they could run faster than humanly possible, and before you could process what is even happening. This made them tricky to kill, also the fact that they would be in groups anywhere between four to thirteen soulless in one group. I'm in a group with my friends. My family was out when it happened and they were the only ones I could find. Our group consist of six people, Daniel, Grace, Eli, Dominic, Michelle, and me, Lee. This is our story of how we survived and, well, how we all died because we weren't strong enough to survive.