Chapter Nine: Trapped

I woke up to the sounds of rain outside. It seemed like today was perfect for us to leave the island. No matter what we grab our bikes and starting riding to the first bridge.
Dominic screamed over the rain "I can barely see two feet in front of me!"
Michelle responded with "We need to keep going! We need to leave the island."
There was sudden pitter patter of feet in the rain and they were getting closer.
"Guys I think we have soulless on purpose trail I hear them."
"I hear them too Lee but, there is nothing we can do about it."
We kept biking on and we seemed to be losing some steam. "There is no way we're getting to the bridge today Michelle!"
"We have to try of we will be stuck here forever."
I went back to riding still hearing the sounds of feet running behind us. We were really close to the bridge now when out of nowhere a soulless grabbed Grace.
"Guys help me it got me!"
Eli jumped off his bike and stabbed the soulless in the head.
"Come on Grace we need to keep going."
"I can't it bit my leg I can't pedal anymore."
I screamed, "Eli what's the situation with Grace we need to get a move on!"
"She is not going anywhere! It bit her calf we need to rest and treat it!"
"Michelle we need to stop Grace is hurt!"
Michelle came back and saw the rain surrounding Grace was red with blood and knew we needed to find shelter. I looked around looking for a suitable building to hide, then I saw our school.
"Michelle we need to get into the school!"
"Ahh, alright everyone let's go to the school."
We all darted towards the school, Eli grabs Grace and we started running towards school.
"Come on guys we need to get inside I hear more footsteps behind us!" Michelle yelled.
We ran into the school and shut the door behind us.
Michelle whispered "Guys let's get into the cafeteria. Make sure to be on the lookout for soulless."
We all nodded and started walking down the corridors, hearing rustling and footsteps in the classrooms.
I whispered to everyone "Guys ready your weapons in case of a fight, we need to be prepared."
They followed it felt weird saying something and having people automatically do it. I heard some voices in one of the classrooms and asked Michelle to listen in.
"Do you think the people in there are friendly or hostile."
"I don't want to risk conversation with anyone right now Lee."
I gave up trying to convince her to open the door and continue walking down the corridor. Then the door where we heard the whispers coming from two soulless jumped out and started running towards us.
"Lee! Dom! Fire now!"
We did we both got them dead in the chest and went over to grab our arrows. Then a person stepped out of the room and I couldn't make out its face.
"Excuse me, person? Do you need help?"
The shadowy figure mumbled something words under its breath. I started to walk closer to the figure and I could see that it was a man from this view. Then Dominic grabs my collar and pulled me back.
"He must have just been introduced to the mist, it looks like he is turning."
"What we don't know that maybe he is just sick."
"No Lee I'm going to kill him."
"Dom calms down we just can't be killing random people without reason."
Michelle screamed, "Guys what's taking so long we need to treat Grace."
I responded, " In a minute we got so-"
Then the man jumped and bit my forearm. Dominic with his bow already ready released an arrow. The arrow went straight through the man and scratched my face his blood pouring on top of me now. Then Dom grabs my legs and started dragging me on top of a cafeteria and put Grace on the table next to me. I started to pass out again while Dominic was rummaging through the bags to look for something to clean our cuts. I started closing my eyes when I saw that Grace was a seizure on the table. Next, I saw Michelle examining my bite, then I passed out and fell asleep.