Chapter 15

Sleeping with anxiety consuming me was mission impossible so I had given up on the idea. Tyler also stayed awake. He was too worried about me to go to sleep. But even though we couldn't sleep we both stayed in bed embracing each other. We found some comforting knowing the other was there for support.  Every now and then I would move around and he would move just so that he could accommodate me. He didn't speak which I was thankful for nor did he get irritated or upset.

I watched the curtains as morning approached and waited for them to lighten as the sun rose. As soon as the first light greeted us I was up and ready. Tyler followed suit. I didn't want to go to the lab alone not when it feels like someone might see right through me. He was being kept from work but I didn't care. It was the least of my worries.

I stood in the exact same spot as yesterday. They had already started identifying the different species in the man-made DNA structure. A few hours later and they have figured out what all the DNA components were and what their role was, more or less, except for one.

They knew it is what made the combinations stick and that it came from a wolf. They all seemed surprised that the DNA of a wolf was the binding agent. They started throwing ideas around to why it was so.

It felt like I was bouncing on one spot from all the pent-up energy so I turned around and let the energy control me. Tyler tried to stop me but I had kicked him in the groin making him drop to the floor, holding his goods. I didn't want anybody following me right now.

As I hit the forest edge I shifted and in the process, I masked my sent. I ran to the mountains that were deeper inland and hid in a cave. I am sure Tyler could find me easily if he wanted to but I just hoped he gave me my space.

I curled up into a tight ball and watched the rain fall outside. I thought about what would happen if they found out on their own and decided to tell them. Tomorrow I would ask for a meeting with all the relevant people and tell them everything.

I came out of the cave when my stomach growled and went in search of a rabbit to eat. It was a little difficult to catch something as my thought ran rampages through my mind. But after a few tries, I managed to sate my hunger. I heard a howl and my head and ears lifted listening to it. It was Tyler checking up on me.

I had cut any communications of for mind linking and the only way he could make sure I was okay was by howling. I appreciated the fact that he was giving me my space. I howled back letting him know where I was and that I was okay.

It hadn't stopped raining and I was drenched. I didn't mind though it had brought my spirits up a little and I felt like playing. I had chased around a few rabbits. The ground was slippery which made me fall a few times making me growl at the inconvenience the wet floor brought me. I was sure if there was a crowd they would laugh at my comical falls. I had patches of fur that was no longer white but as I ran through the forest the rain washed all the mud from my fur.

I had opened up the link to Sasha's thoughts to see if they had figured it out and was glad that I came up empty. So I made my way to the castle to get out of the never-ending storm. I ran at full speed making my legs turn brown from the mud.

I came to a stop by the kitchen and looked at the guard. I knew he would let Tyler know I was there. I sat down and waited. I didn't have to wait long. I didn't want to shift back as I didn't have my skin on.

He moved to the side for me to walk in. Just before I walked in I shook out the water from my coat drenching the guard that stood by the door. I quickly ran in when I noticed what I did.

The carpets would need a good cleaning. I was drenching them in water and mud on my way to the room. Tyler didn't seem to mind though.

I shifted when he left and took a warm shower. When I walked back in the room there was a tray with food waiting for me and he was sitting on the bed watching TV. I didn't even know he had one in his room.