Chapter 18 Flashback

Warning: This chapter is a bit gory.

Please let me know what you think of my book so far and thank you for those who are reading it.

I had struggled against the chains to the point where they had to bring people in to push me down on my back. They had cut a line from my shoulder down to my opposite hip and the deeper they cut the harder I tried to get free.

They had clamps that pulled open the skin they had cut and I could feel the blood dripping down my back. They had given me a bunch of drugs and none of them were for the pain but they did give me something to stay awake.

The pain was like nothing I felt before I screamed and when my voice died out my chest tightened to the point of hyperventilating. They were exploring different areas on my back but I could feel every little touch every little cut they made. My spine got most of the brunt and when they pulled at a nerve my back violently snapped as far as it could.

During my struggle, I felt immense pain in my fingers and gums. My tongue momentarily skimmed over my teeth and I felt my canines had extended and became sharper. They pressed harder on my spine and I struggled, closing my fists and felt something pierce my skin. It was the first partial shift.

A few hours had gone by and I only had silent tears running down my face. My body couldn't handle the pain anymore and had started to block it from my mind. A thousand thoughts ran through my head. It was my first day here and it felt like they had already broken me.

They stopped working on me five minutes ago and was just standing around me. "It should be completely healed by now!" I wanted to scream at them that I was human and me healing instantaneously was impossible. But then my teeth and claws came to mind. Was I human anymore? "Let's do some blood work to see why it's not healing."

They unstrapped me once the blood was taken and through me in the room next-door still covered in blood. They weren't even being gentle with my back still open. When the drugs wore off I let myself slip into darkness.

The next time I woke up I was surprised to find my back was almost completely healed. I think I was out longer than I thought but I don't think these people would let me sleep for days on end.

I sat up and looked around me. To one side and in front of me were more glass rooms with people in. All of them also seemed to be naked. To the other side was the room they had sliced into me. I shivered and kept myself from looking back.

I then looked down at myself seeing all the dried. I cried and pinched myself to see if I would wake up from this nightmare but I didn't. This was reality and I cried even harder.

I heard a knock on the glass and when I looked over there was a man waving me over to him. I was hesitant at getting up seeing as my clothes were gone.

He realized my hesitation and turned his back towards me. I crawled over to him and rested my back against the glass and pulled my knees up to my chest.

"What is your name?" I could hear him so clearly as if he was sitting right next to me. "Megan." I whispered. "Bryan." He was silent for a moment.

"Do you know what is happening with you?" He seemed to calm to have been here awhile. "No."

"I am not going to sugar coat it. You are in a dangerous situation and would need the truth to survive. You got bit by a werewolf and you are becoming one yourself. You will need to learn how to control it and fast." The memories of what happened before this came rushing back. I can't believe I had forgotten about that or that it was real.

But there were a lot of factors stating it was real. The healing, the fact that I could hear the man as clear as day and my vision seemed to have improved. "I will help you." He suddenly said