Chapter 21

The recruits that were coming to the academy arrived on the third day. My eyes fell out of my head when they stepped out of the cars. It was just muscle everywhere you looked. They weren't as big as Tyler but most were above average.

The younger students had tried to look as big and intimidating as them but failed. It would be a few years before their muscle would look like that. Surprisingly they were all men and I wondered where the women were.

Tyler had asked me this morning to be on my best behavior and to dress nicely. I promised I would do my best. I stood next to him with his hand resting on the small of my back. The people that were in charge walked up to Tyler and bowed.

"Your grace. Thank you for extending the invite to us." Tyler gave a curt nod. "This is my mate, Megan." They all bowed again towards me. "Pleasure to meet you, Luna." I was slightly shocked at the formality the man addressed me with.

He stood up and extended his hand to me. "I am Nickolas. Vampire ruler." I put my hand in his and he gave my hand a kiss. He didn't look like a vampire but his smell did suggest he was one. He was the only one that spoke. Tyler introduced me to the other two men. "This is Beinion, he is rulers of the Elvin people and this is Alpha Toro."

The elf was tall and sleek but you could see he had a good amount of muscle on him. I could faintly see his pointed ears sticking from his hair and his eyes seemed to glow. The alpha was a big black man with an infectious smile. I could see he was trouble.

I hoped I didn't have to go up against any of them. They could probably crush me without lifting a finger. There weren't enough rooms for them so they had opted for camping outside. They set up what they needed to and joined us for the last training session of the day.

The students were all divided up into groups with the newcomers. "Why do they need training? It looks like they could fight off anyone that comes near them." They all did seem a little stiff though. "They wanted a change of pace. They were in different fields before this. Some had no choice but to take this as they have already lived their lives three times over."

They all could fight seeing as they were a hundred and fifty years or older but they did need some work. At least they were better than the students that were here. "I need your help to train a group, my love." My head did a complete one-eighty. "Really? You're trusting me to teach these people?"

He shook his head. He assigned me to a group and I got to work. I had to teach them how to use swords. Even though it was cool to know how to handle one it was pointless. I mean who fights with swords today? Oh well, I will just enjoy playing with them. All though elves did have a knack for swords or knives.

It didn't matter what type it was as long as you could use it. The student tried to show off in front of the elves and the elves looked like someone rammed a rod in their spines. Frustration wasn't even a word I could use right now.

I had gotten them to do a bit of dancing to get them to loosen up before I got them to actually use the swords. My frustration had quickly melted away when I saw them trying to loosen up a bit. It was a sight to see. Usually, elves were very fluid in their motion but I guess they didn't get the memo

We finished up and we were all headed in to get some food. I walked behind the four men and I could hear what they were saying. "Your mate is a good warrior but her temper is quick to change." The vampire spoke so formally. It sounded pretty cool.

"She is usually more patient than she was today. She just has a lot she needs to get through." They haven't caught me listening in but Tyler had, I could see it when his head turned ever so slightly to me. "It seems she has you where she wants you Tyler. Be careful with girls like her." Beinoin had a knowing smirk on his face.