Code Black (The Ratchet Life)

Kai POV

I just looked at him when he said Kingston name!

"Kingston, Let just say that lil hothead did some illegal vandalizing and went to jail, but don't worry, homeboy brother is bailing him out, they're on the way, they should be here any minute." Jayvaugh told me and grabbed my hand.

I still can't believe that all of this has transpired, even though I'm not in any relationship with Jayvaughn, I'm glad I can consider him to be a good ass friend.

Jayvaughn could be all I ever wanted. But who wants someone that can't even talk. Thinking about someone in that way should be the last thing on my mind.

"You gone be alright kid, everything is gonna be okay, some things happen for a reason." Jayvaughn told me.

I rubbed his hand.

He's right everything do happen for a reason, and i know i will be okay, I'm strong and nothing or no one can bring me dow...

POP POP POP

I  jumped as i heard the gunshots far off in the distance. Jayvaughn jumped too, and looked at me eyes with his big eyes.

The voice over the intercom confirmed what we heard.

"CODE BLACK, I REPEAT COLD BLACK. EVERYONE PLEASE STAY IN YO *POP POP POP*"

The woman on the intercom was immediately silenced by the the gunshots. I can only guess that the gunman had shot her down.

All I could hear was people Screaming, and i saw them running past my door down the hall. Jayvaughn ran to window and shut the blinds, and pushed the chair right under the knob.

"Don't Panic Kai, we gone be okay, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you."

"Fhjkkoyfrsg" i tried speak but i forgot about my condition. Jayvaughn put his hand over my mouth.

"No no no, baby you gotta be quiet, i know, I know you scared, I'm scared to, but we gotta be smart. I got you. From the way the people running the shooter is on our floor. Now what we gone do is, you got to get under the bed baby. That's the only way." He said.

I started crying in a panic.

"No no no, babe we ain't got time for that. Just like you need me, I need you to do this for me." Jayvaughn said while helping me out the bed, and under the hospital bed.
"Trust me Kai! That's all i need you to do is trust me!! You with me?" He asked.

I know he saw the fear in my eyes, but i saw the confidence in. I nodded my head! Yes i trust him.

"Thank you!" He said accepting the nod.

The gunshots were getting louder and closer.

He looked at me, and then leaned in for a kiss. His lips on mine felt sooo perfect.

"I couldn't miss out on an opportunity to feel you close to me." He said before getting off the floor with me and pulling the IV and pads off me causing the monitor to start beeping.

He climbed in the bed above me, and seen his arms drop on the side of the bed.

He was playing dead.