Homecoming Hell Part 2

Kai POV

This Homecoming Is Lit AF! It actually got me excited for the whole weekend.
Right now this pre-step show is life!

These damn brothers are fine as fuck, especially this fine ass Q-Dawg! Lightskin, tatted, built, and masculine just dripping sauce everywhere. I heard the Q's are some freaks too. My virgin ass is not qualified.

Kingston walked off and left me to wander alone by myself. I went to the concession line, and bought me some barbecue nachos, and a sprite. I started making my way over to the nearby bench to continue watching the pre-festivities when someone ran into me and knocked everything out of my hand!

"Yo, my bad lil homie." Some dude said.

I didn't even look up, I reached down to pick up my tray, but left the messy nachos.

As I walked over to the near trash can I had flashbacks of how I was bullied in school. How guys use to run into me on purpose or trip me just so I can drop my food, telling me I don't need the extra calories.

Those were my dark days, and I've clearly changed everything about me since then. There's still incidents that happened that I still don't like to discuss, because they're to painful!

I didn't want to be here anymore, just thinking about the past has made me depressed and sad all over. Imma just text Kingston and tell him I'm leaving, It's still a couple of hours before the game even starts. Maybe we can go for food and drinks or something later, if I'm feeling better.

I started my way to the car, while I was all into my phone texting Kingston. Not paying attention to my surroundings and ran right into someone.

Damn, today is just not my day huh?

"I'm sor...." I started, looking up at the person I ran into.

To my surprise it was just Akeem, thank God! I know he can probably talk to me and make me feel a little better, so I can stay for his game. Which was suppose to be a surprise but oh well.

"Oh Thank God It's You! I need you right now." I told him.

He looked at me like I was confused, and didn't know what I was saying.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" Akeem said.

Really, he plays to much.

"Stop playing, I need to talk to you." I told him.

"You must be mistaken me for someone else." Akeem said.

"Okay Akeem, I'm finished touching up my make up. Come on I don't want to miss the step show." Some girl said walking up to Akeem linking her arm in his.

She was gorgeous, long wavy crochets, a tight body, dark skin, with a white tee, jeans, stilettos, and a letterman jacket.

I looked up at Akeem, he wore the look of guilt all over his face, but is trying hard to play it off.

"Bae who is this?" She asked.

I chuckled.

"I'm Kai, I'm so sorry! I mistook your boyfriend for someone else. He looks just like this friend I USE to know, but I guess I was wrong. Silly me! What's your name by the way, I didn't catch it?" I said playing it off for him, and being petty at the same time.

"It's Claire, but where are you going though? The step show is about to start, it's the best thing ever. You can watch with us, I mean he has to leave in a few cause he plays football, and I would be all alone. I'm desperate to make new friends." She said.

She actually seemed sweet, and under different circumstances, we probably would be friends, but fuckboy messed that up.

"No thank you, I'm actually sick to my stomach right now. See I ate Popeyes earlier and I guess it must have been some bad food there. Then again I was sharing with someone, so maybe they got me sick. Maybe another time, Atlanta is small I'm sure we will run into each other again." I told her, making Akeem uncomfortable with the subliminals.

"No problem. I hope you feel better! I'm glad I didn't go with Akeem today to eat Popeyes. That's his little pre-game ritual, but I was getting my nails done. See you around!" She said.

"Yeah see you around! Break a leg Akeem, y'all got this!!" I said before walking away and got into my car.

Could this day get any worse?

I wanna cry so bad! Why would he lie? Why would he not be honest? Why didn't he just say he had a girlfriend, instead telling me he wants me?

That's fucked up! That's sick! My feelings are beyond hurt right now! One of the reasons I don't let people in, and don't even try to develop relationships. It's too much.

"FUCKK MAN!" I finally yelled hitting my steering wheel!

I couldn't suppress my feelings any longer. I laid my head on the steering wheel and balled my eyes out! I'm only giving myself 3 minutes to feel sorry for myself and then no more crying!

My phone started ringing.

It was my mother.

I ignored it.

She called right back.

I answered

"Maa right now is not a good ti.." I started but she interrupted me.

"Kai, it's your father baby!" My mother yelled crying!

My heart started racing!

"What is it Mom?!? What happened?!? Is he okay?!?" I asked nervously.

"He had a heart attack! The doctors don't know if he's going to make it!" She said crying.

Oh God No!! Please!!! Not My Dad!!!

"I'm on my way Mom!! It's going to be okay!! Just pray!! I'm coming now!! I love you!!" I told her before hanging up!

Oh God!!! I guess I shouldn't have asked if my day could get any worse!

I started to pray

God please heal my father, I can't even bear the thought of losing either of my parents! God you know they're all I have left! God I pray that you send your angels down to watch and protect over him. I pray that you hear my cry God! I pray that you give me strength God! I pray that you guide any hands that touch him. Thank you for sending you son Jesus to die for me. Forgive me of every sin known, and unknown, and watch over me as I travel back home! In Jesus Might name, Amen!

My father has to be okay!!!

He has too!!

End Of Chapter

Authors Note:

Hope y'all enjoyed!
How many knew something was up with Akeem?
Can he redeem hisself?

Poor Pops!

Y'all please comment and vote!!!

I'm so use to hearing y'all thoughts and comments!!!