Chapter 6

Daryl's POV

After the RV broke down we all started to rummage around the vehicles that were abandoned on the highway. I hear Rick whistle and point ahead to show a horde of walkers coming this way.

I look around frantically for Natalie, I wasn't paying attention and lost her out of my sight. It seemed like she was always looking out for me, and I try my best to look out for the girl.

I know what she is, but she's a normal woman. Just never got to experience normal.. things.

I run around silently, and quickly down the line of cars. I see her ducking behind a car, fear evident in her face. I come up behind her and spin her around, pressing her against the car with a finger to my lips. I slowly bring both of us to the ground and roll under a car. I hover over her, hands on the ground on both sides of her head. Her green eyes bore into mine, an emotion I've never seen. They leak tears as she squeezes her eyes shut. I look down to her to her thigh and see that blood is seeping through, a huge gash on her leg. I take my rag and put my hand over it with pressure making her eyes open and look to me.

"Thank you." She mouths and I give her a nod. Soon all the walkers have passed and we stay like that for a few, just the sounds of our breathing. I lean down to her ear and hear her heartbeat speed up making me smirk at the effect on her.

"Ya can let go of me now." I say to her looking down at her hands gripping my belt. She quickly let's go and looks away a blush creeping to her cheeks. I smirk once again and roll off of her and put from under the car. I help her up and pick her up with ease.

Once we get back I rummage in Merle's stash and pull out a bottle of pain killers. I set her down on the steps of the RV and hand her a bottle of water. She downs the pills in seconds. Everyone was waiting on that little girl to come back. 

After awhile Rick comes back without Sofia.

"She didn't come back?" He says worry lacing his voice. Lydia runs up to Natalie, asking a bunch of questions.

"I'll go help you track her." I speak up and Nati tries to stands up.

"If you go, I'm going." She says as she sways a bit, the pain pills kicking in.

"No you're not." I say picking her up and taking her to the bed in the RV.

"Seen a lot of movies where men have swept girls off their feet. Didn't know I got to be one of those lucky ladies." She mumbles, obvious that she's lost a lot of blood. I chuckle at her as she lays a head against my chest and traces the bare part of my chest with her finger. "You know, you're a very handsome man Mr. Dixon. Even dirty." She adds making me shake my head and smirk at her.

"Thank you. You've lost a lot of blood, and those pain pills are starting to kick in. Just relax darlin." I tell her as she nods and I set her down on the bed gently, making sure to not hurt her.

"You're so kind to me Daryl Dixon. Why? You're so mean to everyone else." She says putting a hand on the side of my face, her full lips turning into a frown. "I'm not worth being nice too. I'm just an item used to help people with survival. And I can't even help my own self. Ive never known love from anyone, or even the slightest bit of affection or care." She babbles making me shush her. I cautiously put my hand on the side of her head and stroke her hair.