Chapter 34

***CAUTION***

This chapter might be a little triggering for some people and if it is i am very sorry. I do hope y'all enjoy this dramatic and heart-wrenching chapter.
____________

Natalie's POV

We stand in the room after Maggie talked to Gregory about trade, for food, but he declined it. Jesus reassured us that he would talk to him.

"Can you give me a few days?" He asks and Rick looks to me. I nod.

"We can." I tell him and he nods.

"Yeah." Rick says to Jesus.

"He kept calling me Natalie, even after I told him my name." Maggie says annoyed making me laugh softly. Soon someone runs in looking frantic. Gregory comes out of his office.

"What is it?" He asks and the guy shakes his head.

"They're back." He tells us as we all follow him out. We see three people walk up.

"Nathan, what happened to everyone else? Where's Tim and Marsha?" Gregory asks.

"They're dead." A man with a beard says.

"Negan?" Gregory asks and I look to Daryl, the men we blew up said something about a Negan.

"Yeah." The guy replies.

"We had a deal." Gregory tells him and the guy shakes his head.

"He said it wasn't enough." The man responds looking down.

"Was the drop light?" The other guy says from behind him.

"No." Gregory replies shaking his head.

"They still have Craig." The lady says and I look to Rick, sensing tension.

"He said he would return him to us, if I deliver a message to you." The guy with the beard says walking up.

"So tell me." Gregory says, as the man puts a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He says as he stabs Gregory. I run forward as me and Rick push the guy back. "Get off me! I had too!" He yells as he punches Rick. I kick him to the ground as Rick punches him over and over. The other guy came over to stop him but I shove him back, he tackles me to the ground and starts to choke me. I slide my arms through his and break free, Daryl runs up breaking the guys arm, helping me up quickly.

"You alrigh?" Daryl ask as he shoves the man off of me and helping me to my feet. I nod as he looks me over to make sure I am. Rick stands up, looking around at all the people staring.

"What?" He says flatly, blood all over his face and shirt.

"You killed Nathan!" The girl that was with them runs up, punching Rick in the face, then goes for me but I punch her hard, shoving her to the ground. I hold my knife to her throat.

"Dont. Or I will kill you." I tell her making her look to me in fear. Two men run up with spears.

"Drop it!" They yell and I take out my gun with the other hand and aim it, still holding the knife to the woman's throat

"You know, I don't think we will." Rick responds. Jesus runs in between.

"No! This is over! Its over." He says holding his hands up to both sides. "They were our friends but nothing more than a coward who attacked us. They both did this. Now stop it." Jesus tells us.

"What can I do?" Rick asks, his gun still aimed.

"Put the gun away, you've done enough." Jesus replies, as Rick does so as he nods to the rest of us.