Chapter 21

Caution:

**This chapter has implied sexual assault, and may be triggering for some readers.**

____________

Natalie's POV

I stand with Lydia and Chris while we wait for Daryl and Rick to tell Tyresse the news. There is a sudden boom that shakes the whole prison.

"What the hell!" I shout as we all run outside to be met with the others. I run up to Daryl who puts a hand on the side of my face.

"You a'lright?" He asks me, worry all over his features and I nod. Looking over to the front fence where there is cars and a tank. He pushes me behind him when we see it's the person we've been dreading.

The Governor.

"Rick come down here! We need to talk!" He yells. I looks Daryl in worry, shaking my head. He brushes his fingers against mine seeing my reaction.

"It's not up to me! We have a counsel now! It's up to them!" Rick yells back.

"Is Hershel on the counsel?" The Governor asks as someone pulls out Hershel from a car. I cover my mouth with a gasp. "What about Michonne? She on the counsel too?" He adds pulling her out also.

"I don't make decisions anymore!" Rick yells back. I look to Lydia who's hand hovers over her gun.

"You're making the decisions today Rick." The despicable man tells him. "Come down here Let's have that talk." He adds as we all exchange worried looks. My hand clutches Daryl's, his thumb rubs the back of my hand in reassurance. Rick looks to Carl who nods.

"Rick, we got your back." I whisper as I help him open the gate. He nods to me and walks down the gravel road.

"We can't take all of em on. Go through the back and into the woods like we planned. We don't got the numbers no more. When was the last time someone checked the stash on the bus?" Daryl says to us.

"Not since the big spot. We're running low on rations then and we're even lower now." I tell him and he nods.

"Hey we'll manage. If shit goes south go to for the bus. Let everybody know." He says to us, walking away with me behind him.

"Daryl. I'm worried." I tell him feeling vulnerable as we slowly hand out guns. He puts one in my hands and puts his forehead against mine.

"I'm here, a'lright? I'm here darlin." He whispers kissing my forehead and I nod. I pull away and I aim my gun through the fence by his side. After awhile of Rick talking to the Governor. He hops down from the tank and takes Michonne's sword. I gasp and grab Daryl's arm.

"Daryl." I speak his name in worry about what's going to happen. His grip tightens on the gun and he touches my hand lightly.

"Shh. Focus. Breath and Focus." He tells me and I nod, remembering my training days. I let my finger hover over the trigger as I slow my breathing ready for whatever is next.

After a moment he pulls back the sword, making me think he has given into Ricks negotiations. But I was wrong. He brings it back down and slices into Hershel's neck making a scream erupt from my mouth. Rick yells out and starts to shoots. I feel hot tears flow down my face as I fire off, my perfect aim
cutting down multiple people, even through my upset state. Daryl let's out a angry growl and fires off too, followed by everyone else. I see Rick get shot in the leg.

"Man down!!" I scream to Lydia and Chris. My instincts take over and I leave my spot beside Daryl, ignoring his calls for me to stop. Chris and Lydia follow me as back up as I run into the field shooting at our enemy. Once I get behind the bus to where Rick was the tank rolls through the gate. He is fighting with the governor when we get to him.