Chapter 10

Enjoy!!
____________
Natalie's POV

I drive the last car through the gates and get out just as Daryl, Lydia and Rick walk up.

"Where's Glenn and Maggie?" Carol asks making me turn to her.

"They are in the guard tower." Daryl replies with a smirk as we all follow his stare.

"Guard tower? They were up there last night." Rick says with a slight smile, I look between the two, not getting the joke.

"Glenn! Maggie!" Daryl yells and all of a sudden we see their heads pop up. Then Glenn slowly comes out shirtless and fixing his pants.

"You comin'?" Daryl yells up with a slight smile and then it dawns on me..

They were having sex...

I let out a laugh and as does Daryl and Rick.

"Yeah! Be right down!" Glenn yells as they go back in. Rick smiles a bit as we start to walk away, but his smile drops into a lard line. I spin around and see the two remaining prisoners walking up the fence.

"Come with me." Rick says in a low voice as we all follow him.

"That's far enough." I growl by Ricks side as they stop immediately.

"Come on, you don't understand. We can't stay in that place one more minute. Those we people we knew.." one of the prisoners, Axel, says.

"You should be moving the bodies, burning them." Daryl says, his hand on his knife, stepping closer to me.

"We tried man. The fence on the far side of the prison is down. Every time we take one of them out there, those things just line up." The other one, Oscar, tells us.

"We had nothing to do with Thomas and Andrew. Please sir, please. We will do anything to be in your group." Axel begs us, as Ricks hard stare never falters.

"Our deal is non negotiable. You either stay in your block, or leave." Rick says sternly.

"I told you this was a waste of time. They ain't no better than the pricks who shot up our boys." Oscar says, glaring. He says a few more things as Daryl and I exchange looks. The thick tension hangs over us. Rick glances back at me and Daryl and we both shake our heads slightly.

Once they are out, Daryl chains up the fence and walks away with me by his side as we go behind the bus to have a decision.

"Those, guys are the same I grew up with. Yeah their degenerates but I could have easily been in there as I am out here with you." Daryl says gruffly.

"Daryl's right but we still don't know them. They seem scared." I add.

"So you're with me?" T-Dog, says, the only one who thinks it's okay to welcome them to our group.

"Hell no!" Daryl and I say in unison.

"I'd rather let them take their chances on the rode like we did." Daryl says, Rick gets T-dogs attention and tells him a story about this kid he arrested once. I look to Daryl who looks back down to me.

"I don't trust it." I whisper to him and he nods.

"Me either." He says as him and Rick walk over to handle the prisoners.

______________________

I help Lori and Beth get Hershel outside, so he can move around. We all smile and I see Daryl at the front fence.

Everyone smiles in silence and I look to Daryl, far away but I can tell he's looking at me. It was a calm moment for us.

Soon that moment is cut short when we hear the moans of walkers coming behind us. I pull out my bow and shoot down about 3, stabbing 2 more as they get to close. I hear Rick yells some things to us as him Daryl and Glenn run to the gates.

"GO! GO INSIDE!" Rick yells as Daryl tosses him the keys.

I️ shoot down as many walkers as arrows I had on me, not having time to retrieve them, I run over to Carol by a door for close get away, stabbing 2 walkers. I go to grab my gun, but a walker comes out of no where and tackles me to the ground. I scream out and feel a sharp pain in my leg, looking down to see a shard of glass sticking out. As I wrestle with the monster trying to eat my flesh.

Soon T-dog stabs it in then head and as I get to my feet a walker bites into his shoulder, making blood squirt everywhere, even all on me. I stumble back as Carol screams in terror. I limp over to her and rush her and T-dog through the door. I shoot down a few more that gets to close.

By the time I️ close the door behind me, Carol and T-dog were no where to be heard or seen. I wind through the dark tombs of the prison, eventually I know I am are lost. A blaring alarm sounds through the prison, making me look around frantically. Soon a group of walkers come to my left. I turn around to go back and more come out of no where. Normally I would be able to take them on but it's pitch black and I can't see shit.

I step inside a closet and, lock the door, pressing my back against it, sliding down until I'm sitting on the floor. I feel the hot tears roll down my face.

"This is just great." I mumble as I shine my flash light on the piece of glass sticking out of my calf, blood dripping out from my leg. I feel lightheaded ness set in, indicating that I've lost a lot of blood already.

"Just. Great." I whisper leaning my head against the door. Soon darkness swallows me...

________________

Daryl's POV

We take out five walkers and run into the cell block, looking around.

"Has anyone seen Natalie ??" I ask and Lydia shakes her head, loading a clip in her gun.

"Last I saw, she was with Carol. They went into the tombs." Chris says as we all look around the block.

"Somebody is playing games with us!!" Rick roars. Fear and worry corse through my veins. A certain blonde girl is on my mind.

I have to get her back..

She has to be okay.

________________