Chapter 29

Natalie's POV

It's been a 3 days, Daryl and I have gotten settled into our own house.

I wake to Daryl's face buried in my hair, his arms wrapped around me while he is fast asleep. My clean scent of lavender mixed with his musk of the woods being as he hasn't showered yet. That smell I have learned to love, to some others it's displeasing, but to me, it smells like home. My home, because that's what he is... It's the familiar scent, even though it's not all roses, I don't complain about it once.

"Ye been starin for like 5 minutes woman." He mumbles in my hair, his voice raspy from just waking up. I smile a bit as he lifts his head up finding my lips with his instantly.

"Good morning to you too." I say into the kiss, my smile growing wider. He pulls away and looks to me with a smirk.

Now is the perfect time to tell him what I've been wanting to since the church.

"I've been meaning to tell you something..." I start but I'm cut off by banging on the front door. I sigh and roll out of bed. "Hold that thought." I say slipping on my pants and one of Daryl's shirts. I run downstairs as the person thumps on the door again. I open it to see Lydia standing there with a grin.

"Jesus Lydia, it's my day off what do you want." I groan as she lets herself into the house.

"Deanna is having a welcome party for all of us, wanted to know if you'd go." She tells me and I shake my head.

"First casseroles? Now cocktails parties? No thank you." I retort shaking my head. I hear heavy footsteps come down the stairs.

"What about you Daryl?" Lydia asks looking behind me, I turn around and see him putting on his belt, fully dressed for the day.

"Ima have to agree with 'er, parties ain't my thang. It's a no from me." He grunts shrugging on his vest.

"See, he doesn't go, I don't go." I tell her as she sighs in defeat. She then hands me a bag.

"If you choose to go, just for a little bit, I picked out an outfit for you." Lydia tells me with a smile. I take it and nod, she smiles again before leaving.

"Alrigh, I'm goin out on a hunt, ye can tell me that thang later." Daryl tells me kissing my lips quickly and I nod. He leaves and I watch his retreating figure walk down the road.

I busy myself during the day by reading, making the bed. Trying to feel normal, I mean this is what I've wanted my whole life right? It all just feels so weird.

My eyes continually fall on the bag sitting on the counter that Lydia had given me earlier. After a constant battle with myself I groan and decide to go to that party, but only for a bit.

I pull out a white and navy blue striped dress, and a pair of white heels. I put them on and take my hair out of it's messy bun, letting it fall in loose waves. I go to grab my bow but shake my head and walk out without it.

"You decided to come!" Lydia exclaims hugging me as soon as I walk in the door, the sun was setting meaning Daryl would be back soon. Chris smiles from his spot next to her, his arm around her waist.

"Yeah, thought why not? Got nothing to loose." I say as I pluck the glass of wine from her hand, taking a long sip.

"Where's Daryl?" She asks me as hand it back and walk around