Chapter 31

Hey loves! First let me start by thanking all of you for your love and support! This book has reached 10,000 views!

Also, this chapter is a bit different from the show, as always. But I put a bigger time difference between the finale of season 5 and beginning of season 6. Hope you enjoy!
_____________
Natalie's POV

It's been a about 3 months since everything happened. We have gotten settled into Alexandria pretty good, my side is all healed except for one hell of a 'gnarly' scar, as Daryl likes to call it. Aaron and Daryl brought back that guy Morgan. Remember the crazy one that stabbed Rick back in Georgia? Yeah him. Turns out he was on Ricks trail. He's with us now. Things have been going pretty great... but it worries me because we can only go so long without some shit happening. It's only a matter of time.

I am broken out of my thoughts by Rick talking.

"I know this sounds insane but this is an insane world we have to come for them, before they come for us. It's that simple." Rick yells over the moans of walkers by a quarry of some sort. Where thousands of walkers are.

I stand next to Daryl by his motorcycle while Rick continues to talk to the Alexandrian's, going over the plan for tomorrow.

"Tobin you get in the truck and open the exit and we're off. He hops out, catches up with his team at Red, stay on the west side of the road! Daryl and Natalie get on the bike-" He continues but is cut off by a loud groaning sound of metal on the other side of the quarry.

"You see that?" I shout over to him as we all look and see an 18 wheeler truck get pushes into the quarry. We all look alarmed.

"It's open! That's it! We have to do this now!" Rick yells as everyone gets into their places. "Tobin's group, go!" He orders and the man shakes his head.

"No, Rick we're not ready!" Tobin argues.

"Sasha! Abraham!" Rick yells.

"Damn straight we'll do it live!" Abraham tells him as they both hop in the car.

"You meet Daryl and Natalie at red. Let them take the walkers through the gauntlet." Rick shouts sternly.

"Yeah we meet at red!" Sasha responds as they close the doors. Daryl and I ready our bows at everyone shouts left and right.

"Daryl! Natalie! Get ready!" Rick orders and we do so.

"They're coming!" I yell as the flares are shot. I shoot down one of the walkers that slip through while Daryl and I run to the bike. He revs the engine as I hop on behind him, slipping my bow on my back.

"Ye good!" He yells over his shoulder.

"Yeah, lets roll!" I shout back, as I clutch the walkie in one hand, my other wrapped around Daryl. The bike lurches forward, slowly to make sure the walkers can keep up.

______________________

"We're at Red, bottom of the hill." Sasha voice comes across the walkie. I bring it up to my mouth.

"Okay here comes the parade." I answer back. I turn my head to look, the walkers about a few feet behind us. Soon Abraham and Sasha pull in front of us as planned. We pull along side them. I look over and nod to Abraham nods back and I lean into Daryl's ear.

"Just in case shit goes south, I love you." I tell him and I see a bit of a smirk pull at the corner of his mouth.

"This ain't a damn goodbye." He mumbles and I nod.