Chapter 8

Hello loves! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

________________
Natalie's POV

I sit next to Daryl as he pokes at the fire. We both decided to distance ourselves from the group.

"I don't understand why everyone thinks you're the henchman. You don't deserve that. For Lori coming up here and expecting you to go chase after them? Stupid. " I tell him eating the squirrel he cooked and he nods.

"It's al'right. Uh.. It's kinda nice to um, have ya company." He mumbles and I smile at him slightly. I shiver and he must notice because he hands me a blanket. I nod in thanks, wrapping it around me. We enjoy a comfortable silence until Carol comes running up.

"We can't find Lori and the others aren't back yet either." She says worried.

"Dumb bitch must have went off lookin for em." Daryl replies, continuing to poke at the fire. I lean back against the little stone wall and take another bite of food.

"What?" She replies I look to her.

"Yeah she came here asking for my help. Told her I was done being an errand boy." He says back simply.

"And you didn't think to tell anybody?" Carol says back. He stays silent and she looks to me. I shrug to her and she walks away. "Don't do this. I already lost my little girl." She says walking back. Daryl gets up close to her.

"Yeah and that won't my problem neither." He growls walking into the tent. She looks to me and I shrug once again, making her walk away.

______________

I lay in the tent, hearing Daryl fuss at Carol.

"You pull away from everyone else... except Natalie. Why?" She asks and I hear him scoff.

"Don't bring her into this. Ya know ye a real piece of work lady." He growls at her. I sit up on the cot, deciding whether or not to go out there. "What ye gonna make this bout my daddy or some shit like that? Ya don't know jack." He roars, venom seeping from his words. I get up and walk out of the tent. "You're afraid. Ain't got no husband, no daughter. Ye all alone. Ya ain't my problem! Sofia wasn't mine! ALL YE HAD TO DO WAS KEEP AN EYE ON HER!!" He shouts making her flinch back. I rest a hand on his bicep, making him relax a bit. He holds eye contact with her as she tries not to cry.

"Come on Daryl." I whisper to him, hearing his heavy breaths of anger. He does as I say, slowly stepping back, ducking into the tent. I turn to Carol.

"Don't take it personal. He is upset. He takes his emotions out with anger. You alright?" I ask her and she nods.

"Thank you Natalie. He needs someone like you. It's good for him to let out his emotions." She tells me putting her hands on my shoulders. I nod to her with a small smile and she walks away.
_______________
***** Next Morning*****

Daryl hands me the canteen of water, I nod a thanks and take a sip. I hand it back and load a clip in my gun as we all load up to go look for Rick, Hershel and Glenn.

"Look." Daryl says as the car drives up the lane.  They pull up and get out.

"Who the hell is that?" I ask seeing a guy in the back.